Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two and I don't plan on selling either at this point. I bought a 2nd from eBay to get it early because I was impatient and then after the pictures I started to worry but when it arrived I was surprised at how much I liked it. Mine look much better in person. Not on the same level as Aragorn but a step up from Eowyn and Gandalf the White.

I like my Tauriel but started feeling strange and unhappy when everyone else new pic has lighter eye shadow than mine. I have to put on makeup powder to lighten it. Somehow I'm not so bothered by the melting face cos' not that obvious to me but will greatly appreciate if there is any better replacement head. Win win for me if there is a replacement.

Just got mine today, and yeah, surprisingly, her eyes make up is not really thick, probably I got the second batch which Asmus made a revision on the make up things?

so here are some of the photos that I take, because her headsculpt becoming some issues here, I will be more focused on her close ups

IMG_20160204_213737.jpgIMG_20160204_214000.jpgIMG_20160204_213925.jpg

full body:
IMG_20160204_213327_1454596522283.jpg

but when using camera flash, holy s#!:
IMG_20160204_210345.jpgIMG_20160204_210327.jpg

oh and it's quite hard to slip her arrow quiver to her belt, I was afraid I will tear the belt while trying to put the quiver

on the bright side, I like her expression, looks more soft even compare to Hot Toys latest female figures released

They have already said they will be working on a replacement head sculpt which will be supples free to those who purchased Tauriel. Thats why it drives me nuts some of the harsh responses Asmus gets. SST never replaced any of their head sculpts which varied so much from proto type. How many melting Bat Man suits has HT replaced? How many peeling domes from the ED figure? How mant split muscle bodies? Not a one that I know of.

How would Asmus go about replacing the headsculpts for their customers?

Would we have to go back to the retailer we bought the figure from or contact Asmus directly? Just curious how the process would work, I assume you would have to submit some type of proof that you bought the figure in order to get the head sculpt replacement.

With Sideshow Collectibles for example, I know that it's relatively easy because we are dealing with their homegrown products directly and they keep replacement parts (and for Hot Toys bought through SSC, they are the authorized dealer in the United States). But with these other figures, a lot of collectors are buying it from random online retailers like BBTS, Timewalker, Toy Anxiety, or even Ebay, etc.

Looking at my Tauriel again last night, I believe mine probably falls into the not as good headsculpts so I'm definitely in the boat of wanting a replacement.

How would Asmus go about replacing the headsculpts for their customers?

Would we have to go back to the retailer we bought the figure from or contact Asmus directly? Just curious how the process would work, I assume you would have to submit some type of proof that you bought the figure in order to get the head sculpt replacement.

Just like they have done with replacement bodies and missing swords, you will most likely have to sign and take a picture of your authenticity card in the packaging and email it to Asmus directly and they will mail out the item.

My Nazghul w/ Steed package was missing the bonus sword and they sent it to me. I also received my replacement Witch King Body with my pre-ordered Eowyn. I am still waiting on the Nazghul replacement body which will hopefully be going out soon.

For those that bought the Gandalf the White, they have promised a replacement head at some undetermined point in the future if you buy Gandalf the Grey and show proof or your purchase.

One thing I would be curious about is how many of the figures he pays out of pocket for and how many the manufacturers send him for review purposes, as much a one may try not to be biased by such things, it would be hard to separate your bank account from this hobby entirely.

Not particularly difficult to find out since it says at the end of every review in exactly the same place. And yes, I received Tauriel for free. It didn't help her. Companies that work with me know that I'll be honest in my assessment, and take that risk.

Not specifically to Travis, but as to my article, I'm uninterested in debating opinion, but it might be a good idea to actually read it before commenting on it. I know we've become the Facebook society that comment based on headlines, but actual reading can be valuable.

Micheal - I have been real busy so for once I actually haven't read your article yet but I can say from my past experiences that your reviews have helped me out many times in the past. They tend to be very consistent which I for one appreciate. If I am waffling about a figure and I see and read your review for the most part I can draw accurate assumptions on how I will feel about it once I have it in hand. My standards and opinions are not the same but because of the consistency and detail in the reviews I can make a pretty educated guess on where I will stand. Oh and more power to you if the companies are willing to send the figures to you for free. SS and HT have gotten my money after reading some of the reviews and I am sure there are others so it's not a bad business desicion on their part.

For the record Asmus was my favorite company in 2015. I am 100% biased because Lord of the Rings is my favorite line and they are the only ones producing it except for two pieces from ACI which are also extremely well done in my opinion.

That's the idea of the format, Superdoug - consistency and breaking things up allow for the reader to figure out for themselves, based on their criteria, whether something is right for them. Glad it works for you.

As to freebies, it's always nice. Like I said, it always says at the end of the review in the same spot, same place as the photo, text credit line. And I've pissed off my share of companies who sent me something and didn't get the type of outcome they expected. Bias exists for everyone, but the trick is to recognize your bias, so that you can set it aside. I'm not always perfect at it, and my worst bias isn't from getting something for free or paying for it, but how much I love the license. That's why I usually mention if a license is a particular favorite of mine, since it can be hard to overcome the simple glee of getting something of a beloved character, particularly if there isn't a ton of stuff out there.

Another thing I have appreciated about your reviews over the years is that you have kept them written with pictures. I do not have time or patience for the video.m reviews in general.

Just like they have done with replacement bodies and missing swords, you will most likely have to sign and take a picture of your authenticity card in the packaging and email it to Asmus directly and they will mail out the item.

My Nazghul w/ Steed package was missing the bonus sword and they sent it to me. I also received my replacement Witch King Body with my pre-ordered Eowyn. I am still waiting on the Nazghul replacement body which will hopefully be going out soon.

For those that bought the Gandalf the White, they have promised a replacement head at some undetermined point in the future if you buy Gandalf the Grey and show proof or your purchase.

Thank you for the useful info.

This is the first figure that I've purchased that will be offering this type of replacement program so I had no idea.

Now I'll need to find my Tauriel box for that that authenticity card you mentioned. I don't even remember seeing it when I took the figure out but I'm sure it's there.

Another thing I have appreciated about your reviews over the years is that you have kept them written with pictures. I do not have time or patience for the video.m reviews in general.

I enjoy both video and written reviews.

You get a different perspective/experience from both formats.

I appreciate the quality written reviews (like MWC) more now since they are less commonplace now.

Yeah, I think there is no such authencity card on Tauriel, I also think about how the replacing process will br

Can't help myself to not doing some edit on this figure, I dunno why, this is the first headsculpt 12 inch figure that I edit though, I'm using AdamChua technique on making the dark mark on her cheek less visible, and using some marker to add more eye liner

IMG_20160205_195528.jpg IMG_20160205_195505.jpg
I feel that when I took a picture of her using flash on my cellphone, she looked much better :)

But I can't do anything about the distorted face :monkey2
IMG_20160205_195401.jpg

I don't remember a card being inside Tauriel or Aragorn's boxes.

Yeah, just double checked and you are right, none with Tauriel. I checked the box packaging as well as the new Saruman has the number out of 1500 that each figure is printed on the display card under the box lid, not the case with Tauriel.

I am sure they will come up with something though if they go through with replacement heads on this one.

Yeah, just double checked and you are right, none with Tauriel. I checked the box packaging as well as the new Saruman has the number out of 1500 that each figure is printed on the display card under the box lid, not the case with Tauriel.

I am sure they will come up with something though if they go through with replacement heads on this one.

Thanks for confirming.

I wonder why Asmus didn't produce a card for Tauriel... I assume it was more mass produced than the Saruman?

I just got another email from Sideshow: she's been pushed back to April-May now. :gah: I don't care about waiting, I just want to know when she'll be coming!

I just got another email from Sideshow: she's been pushed back to April-May now. :gah: I don't care about waiting, I just want to know when she'll be coming!

Hopefully yours will include an improved sculpt/paint app.

That's just crazy. I have an order through The Hobbit Shop and just found out today that they aren't expecting theirs until March 18th. I hope it doesn't actually turn out to be April-May as well. I'm hoping we'll get some of those better heads that have been popping up.

Back