Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's the one good thing I can see about her taking so long.

Yes, Sir,

The Sideshow batch will be upgraded with a new headsculpt which is undergoing right now.
We do feel terribly about this, but it is no way we are going to ship out something that with would be problematic.

We did take the risk by already receiving a lot of canceling of orders, but it is a price we are willing to pay to make our products better.

Yes, Sir,

The Sideshow batch will be upgraded with a new headsculpt which is undergoing right now.
We do feel terribly about this, but it is no way we are going to ship out something that with would be problematic.

We did take the risk by already receiving a lot of canceling of orders, but it is a price we are willing to pay to make our products better.

So what about the customer that has already bought and received the failed headsculpt? You better not push us to buy another product of yours to get the replacement headsculpt.

So what about the customer that has already bought and received the failed headsculpt? You better not push us to buy another product of yours to get the replacement headsculpt.

Yes, please provide info to those who already bought and received the figure but are unsatisfied with the headsculpt.

Yes, Sir,

I'm much less bummed about my pre-order getting pushed back now. :) I'll be sticking with my pre-order, and I can't wait to see the new headsculpt! (I was going to be sticking with my pre-order regardless, but I understand why the date keeps getting pushed back now.)

I just got mine from Timewalkertoys today, and luckily mine does not have the distorted face issue. Biggest gripe is the hard rubber chest plate, which I'm going to just take off, so no big deal.

Personally I am sticking to LOTR figures, not the Hobbit, but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with Asmus for stepping up with these issues. Sure there has been a few (Ringwraith bodies, Tauriel's head) but you guys have gone above and beyond what pretty much any other company would to do make amends.
I am looking forward to when I can get Saruman! Hopefully I will be able to buy him soon.

Hi guys, just like to share another pic. Hope u guys dun mind. :)
20160221_092716-1.jpg

is it lens distortion? the head appears to be squished from the sides and looks elongated?:confused:

Hi zombini, it's the camera angle issue but i thought i finally have taken a decent pic of her. Slightly embarrassed now.. :)

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a single picture of her on here that truly looks like a good version of Tauriel, I just don't see it. Until I see the finished/revised and re-released product from Asmus, it is still a no order for me. There just isn't anything positive I can say about this head sculpt. Sure, it is great that Asmus is willing to step up and fix their product, but it still bugs me that they even released it looking this way. I feel bad for the individuals who purchased it and either wound up with a Tauriel with raccoon eyes, or a melted face. Hopefully, this will be properly resolved as well.

^ Good one, pixiegirl1492. That's my point exactly for sharing all the pics of this ugly Tauriel, and all those rants. So people won't be tricked to buy this ugly thing. Now can Asmus just be a good sport and do what they promised to do, which is fixing the problem, not just for the upcoming revised Tauriel but also for those who have fallen victim and bought the ugly melted head Tauriel?

You know I believe they will batsheva if you just give them a chance. They've pretty much fixed everything else I don't see why they wouldn't fix this. In my opinion you're being very counter productive.

Yeah chill batsheva. I dont know ANY other company to come on here and work with us. Let alone actually go back and fix something and make a way to please most everyone.

Sure. I'll wait. I know they're fixing it for the upcoming release, and I salute them for that. It's just that they don't reply to the questions about those who already bought the product. And I know they read my post, and other member's post that questioned the same thing.

It's always harder when you're the victim, and easier to say chill when you're not the one who felt tricked.

Hey I have multiple Tauriels because I was too impatient to wait so I sure hope they are willing to send up dated sculpts to those of us that already bought her if Sideshow's are getting new sculpts. So far Asmus have gone above and beyond what any other company has done so I am pretty confident that if the sculpt is updated they will find a way to get it to us.

i get it batsheva. ive been there. but its better to be more polite and careful how you choose words on the net. they may be interpreting that as more hostile aggressive than welcoming. im sure it will work out.:wave

Back