Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's still the stroke sculpt, no improvement at all.

Never said I got a new one... this is the same one I had at the same time you got yours. Mine came out a lot better than yours however and as I said in my posts, I think it looks pretty good. HT did not fare as well on some of their latest offerings IMO in terms of sculpt accuracy but provided better paint apps so if they can get the mold to not shift and give her the stroke vibe and then do better paint, you all will be lucky. Some things get worse with reiterations (*cough Han Solo, Ben Kenobi, Luke Skywalker cough*)

And as far as improved sculpt, I think you all will be lucky if what comes out looks as good as mine. They never said they were actually reworking the sculpt, my impression is that they will redo the run and make sure the mold is correct this time.

It's not a lot better than mine. It's the same with mine. The only difference is I took it in direct frontal shot with natural light. If you look at my previous post, I've also take pics of it in adjusted light and on it's "better" angle. It's the same. The problem is the stroke face, and no likeness at all. Read Michael Crawford's review for professional opinion so we don't get into meaningless argument.

It's not a lot better than mine. It's the same with mine. The only difference is I took it in direct frontal shot with natural light. If you look at my previous post, I've also take pics of it in adjusted light and on it's "better" angle. It's the same. The problem is the stroke face, and no likeness at all. Read Michael Crawford's review for professional opinion so we don't get into meaningless argument.

I have read it and ALL of your comments in the past as you have responded to mine in the past. No argument here but I disagree with both of you.

My posts were about me having fun with my figures... thanks for raining on it but hey, that what I get for sharing. Hope you get a sculpt replacement that makes you happy.

Keep sharing. I still like my Tauriel and I think there is a lot of good in the figure. Would I love an improved head sculpt? YES! But even without one I still like it and am happy I have it.

Yes! Keep sharing, man. Nothing wrong with showing off your love of the hobby! More of us should be celebrating like that.

And your Tauriel looks pretty great! And maybe someday when I get mine from Sideshow (maybe in the next 10 years) it will look as good!

I didn't know about professions like "collector" or "figure reviewer"... :lol

well, collector may not be a profession, but figure reviewer is. :)

And sorry Travis, never meant to stop you from sharing. I was just trying to point out and to inform people that it's still the same sculpt, there's nothing improved by Asmus yet. I got a lot of messages asking me about it and thanking me for the information about it. Some of them thanked me because now they're informed about the actual in hand figure, they don't like the actual product, and they cancelled the purchase.
Never meant to rain on your parade. If you're happy with it, great then, keep posting the pics, man. I never said anything about stop posting the pictures. :)

Also not trying to punch Asmus here, just trying to be fair. I'm one of their supporter in the Saruman thread. If IMHO it's good then I will say it's good, if it's bad then I'll say it's bad. So far, Michael Crawford's opinion's also the same regarding Tauriel and Saruman. And there's a reason why so many people read his reviews.

Yes. His reviews are normally fair and consistent. His site has helped me out a lot. I don't always agree with his ratings but again he is pretty consistent so once you see how he reviews a figure or two that you have you can pretty much know how to interpret his reviews towards your tastes.

Got Tauriel last night from BBTS. I'm very happy with her. I'd like the vest to be tighter, but otherwise, the sculpt, hair, etc. came out very nice.

That's my guess. Though I think it's technically the same sculpt just without the casting deformations some of the early ones had. That's my understanding anyway.

That's my guess. Though I think it's technically the same sculpt just without the casting deformations some of the early ones had. That's my understanding anyway.

That's correct. I think Darklord Dave would have said something if it had been otherwise.

If it's true then I'll be waiting for Asmus for announcing how to get that new sculpt for us who already got the "stroke" version :)

Back