Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wished they offered a double pack either 1 archer or 1 sword | 2 archer | 2 sword for a slightly discounted price instead of 190$ each.

Re: Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warrior

Super excited for these. My favorite LOTR armor. But I don't have room for both. I ordered the Archer and hope to find a sword and scabbard parted out at some point. Make it look like my ToyBiz figure.

View attachment 500922

The Toybiz line was a massive fav of mine.
Toy runs were so much fun back then.
You could go into any retail store where i lived and each store would have something totally different from FOTR,TT,ROTK upon movie release.

i wished they offered a double pack either 1 archer or 1 sword | 2 archer | 2 sword for a slightly discounted price instead of 190$ each.

I agree. I would love to have loved to have been able to afford to have had Elrond displayed with two archers, two spearman and two swordsman but with the cost and the lack of space I will just be getting one of each and the spears will end up staying in the boxes.

The Toybiz line was a massive fav of mine.
Toy runs were so much fun back then.
You could go into any retail store where i lived and each store would have something totally different from FOTR,TT,ROTK upon movie release.

That was the line that brought me into collecting. I wanted Lord of the Rings toys since I was like 5 years old and then I finally grow up leave for college and then they start making them. I don’t know if any other freshmen at UF visited that old Toys R Us more than I did that year. At one point I had every figure and massive armies. The plan was to build a Helms Deep replica/diorama but I was never able to get around to it.

That was the line that brought me into collecting. I wanted Lord of the Rings toys since I was like 5 years old and then I finally grow up leave for college and then they start making them. I don?t know if any other freshmen at UF visited that old Toys R Us more than I did that year. At one point I had every figure and massive armies. The plan was to build a Helms Deep replica/diorama but I was never able to get around to it.

Oh sweet.
The line that brought me in was Kenner Star wars at age 4 (Thanks Dad!!!!).
I'm now 44 and haven't stopped.
I don't have my ToyBiz line anymore,nor my SSC 12inch figures.
Just picking and choosing from the Asmus line alongside HT Star Wars.

This is one amazing figure. Pre-ordered!
While I was hoping they would make one base figure with the sword, bow and spear (they could have made different faces we could purchase and swap out ) it?s great to see Asmus go deeper into other characters that no one has really ever made - apart from the original toybiz collection.

LOL still can't get over how the Archer has 1 of my Thrandui's face.

So if I get him essentially have an early version of Thranduil. Works for me. I wish Amazon would show the fall of Oropher and Thranduil leading his people back to the Greenwood.

Or showing how Thranduil got his scars.

LOL still can't get over how the Archer has 1 of my Thrandui's face.

So if I get him essentially have an early version of Thranduil. Works for me. I wish Amazon would show the fall of Oropher and Thranduil leading his people back to the Greenwood.

Or showing how Thranduil got his scars.

That was a mixed up by the factory. The face was intend to be an elf all along as we are working on a new Thranduil face.
Please don't worry, we will offer a new Thranduil head for you to replace

That was a mixed up by the factory. The face was intend to be an elf all along as we are working on a new Thranduil face.
Please don't worry, we will offer a new Thranduil head for you to replace

Hi ASMUS - that's wonderful; thank you for being there for your customers!:clap

Am sure it was stressful finding out the wrong heads were being shipped. :) I will reach out when you are ready.

Just imagining Sauron towering over these figures!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

It would have been nice if the sculpt was Figwit..
e7a8898a876115c7bd071454b053da30.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

It would have been nice if the sculpt was Figwit..
e7a8898a876115c7bd071454b053da30.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

That would have been nice. Figwit’s official name is Lindir but it’s great to hear that fan name again, brings back memories.

Alright. I'm officially giving Asmus a chance. I got two Elven Warriors. I've always been put off by their head sculpts and never got into this line, but since these are generic, I won't mind what they look like. I ordered Gandalf from BBTS, but I figured they'd be making the Crown figure worth the money.

Hope it's worth hopping in!

If you don?t mind the 3000 year time difference then sure.

To play devil's advocate, elves do take the long view of things and keep with their traditions. I wonder how much clothing and armor changed in Rivendell during that time span.

To play devil's advocate, elves do take the long view of things and keep with their traditions. I wonder how much clothing and armor changed in Rivendell during that time span.

According to an Unexpected Journey, the Rivendell guards and Knights have the same armor just silver with different accents and leather pieces instead of chainmail underneath. Which makes sense because the Last Alliance Armor was made in Rivendell for about four years before the Elven armies marched to Mordor. So the similarity between the armor is expected as you said Elves don’t change much and the Noldor armor aesthetic is retained, if not refined thousands of years later. BEECA310-5C67-4AA8-ABE8-47FFDA9088E4.jpeg19985D9F-8033-4D69-AC3A-FAE326F6D5F1.jpeg99B76256-721E-4418-968D-216914680247.jpeg

According to an Unexpected Journey, the Rivendell guards and Knights have the same armor just silver with different accents and leather pieces instead of chainmail underneath. Which makes sense because the Last Alliance Armor was made in Rivendell for about four years before the Elven armies marched to Mordor. View attachment 501834View attachment 501835View attachment 501836

In any case I will display with one of my Thranduils. Er. The original Thranduil face, not the one who looks like the elven warrior. When the time comes I will take WETA up on their offer to switch heads - the elf face on the Thranduil body is the tiniest bit small, proportion-wise.

Makes sense since it's the wrong head! Tho it looks pretty good, in general.

I ended up pre-ordering both the Elven Warrior and the Elven Archer. The armour design for the 2nd age elves is truly outstanding, tied with the Fountain Guard armour design as my favorite across all the Peter Jackson movies. I love that Asmus decided to produce generic soldiers, and hopefully they will follow up with a Fountain Guard later down the road.

Back