Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warrior

Selling Hot toys to pay bills and then get more onto this line.
These prologue Elves are looking amazing.
One thing that has me curious though is what material they use that looks purplish??

Damn, these are looking so good. The new armour looks great although it does highlight how clunky and thick the plates of Elrond's torso armour is when they are stood next to him! Any chance of a revision on his armour so it matches these down the line?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I love how he said elves never seem to run out of arrows.

Looking forward to there guys. Would love to get two of each but with Gandalf, Galadriel and Aragorn all coming soon I do not think it will be possible to get more than one of each warrior.

I?ve just had a message back from Mr Asmus himself, Andy! He informed me that they will be sold as individual figures, not a 2 pack! [emoji106]

Oh that?s cool. Thanks for the info.
Did he mention release date?

He did put on a status that a co-worker asked him if he thought they would sell well (presumably for not being main characters). He said that he thinks so, and that they would see in a month.
Sounds like pre-orders will be up within the month, no idea for release dates!

He did put on a status that a co-worker asked him if he thought they would sell well (presumably for not being main characters). He said that he thinks so, and that they would see in a month.
Sounds like pre-orders will be up within the month, no idea for release dates!

That?s good enough for me :)
I?ll be putting my order in.
I think these will sell very well

That?s good enough for me :)
I?ll be putting my order in.
I think these will sell very well

I can see them selling out and becoming very hard to come by further down the line. Sought after, with the likes of Morgul Lord and Eowyn!

Anyone think the archer figure has Thranduil’s face?

I was debating whether or not I needed these two, but they look so cool now I’m thinking I do. The depth they’ve gone into this line is astounding.

Disappointed. Unnamed elven warriors? Weak, very weak. Its Elrod with a few more things and a different sculpt.

I personally love the fact that we are getting secondary and tertiary character figures, especially some as beautifully designed as the prologue elves.

I hope to see generic Gondorian soldiers and other "army builder" type of figures that will compliment the main characters.

I certainly wish to eventually get Haradrim and Easterlings as well.

Would like Grima Wormtongue, Lurtz, Denethor at least before we move to tertiary characters.

That said, I do have an affinity for the Easterling armor.

Disappointed. Unnamed elven warriors? Weak, very weak. Its Elrod with a few more things and a different sculpt.

and when they show unnamed Orcs and Uruk Hai,Trolls and Goblins,Moria Orcs?

Look at how far this company has dived so far and with still more to come.

I respect your opinion but on the other hand wouldn't it be far more amazing to get unnamed Elves,full battle armour,detailed shields and helms and an array of weapons??
What other company is doing this?
Surely not Hot toys???

These are also nothing like Elrond,as mentioned in the YouTube clip.
New moulded armour.
New headsculpts.
Metal blades.🤟🤟🤟

The thing about these is if there is much difference between the Archer and the Swordsman rather than the sword/arch-quiver as such (spear and shield have both). Asmus should really think about making a good price for the pair, otherwise I don't see the point of purchasing both.

Haradrim and Easterlings!!!
Man,THAT would be amazing.

And I agree... Haradrims and Easterlings are beautiful designs, and they are the ones I am longing for them since the beginning of the line. They don't need any special headsculpt apart from the armour, and they would also bring some nice colors to the shelf!!

Anyone think the archer figure has Thranduil?s face?

Yeah. Because I own 2 different versions of Thranduil's face. Looks like it to me. But - pulled this off Quora:

Thranduil was born no later than Second Age 1000, and he may have been born in the First Age in Doriath. (His halls were built in imitation of Menegroth, so it is not a stretch to think that he might have seen Thingol?s halls personally.) He participated in the War of the Last Alliance. His father Oropher was a noble Sinda of Doriath. He led the Silvan Elves of Greenwood to the battle, along with Amdir of Lorien. Both Amdir and Oropher were killed in an ill-adviced assault on Sauron?s forces. Thranduil survived the battle and became king in his father?s stead. Amroth of Lorien survived also. The two men led their respective peoples home after the war.

So I'd be happy handing this elf a few upscale accessories and then I've got Prince/King Thranduil who led the remnants of his people back to the Greenwood after his father fell.

Works for me.

While I patiently wait for Thranduil's throne.:monkey3

But these are design protos; the final products may differ.:dunno

I like the idea of more unnamed warriors. But I like the idea of Thranduil in a berry crown better. Still, it would give me a reason to get Elrond.

Back