Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who and how do I contact the person in charge if I got 8 of the sets and they are all missing the sword?

Got him in from BBTS several days ago and I'm pleasantly surprised based on the bad reviews everyone's giving him. I can confirm the body is still crap - specifically the wrists and elbows. Everything else is good.

For the discounted price, I consider him a great value - he really looks fantastic. These pictures are completely un-futzed and pretty much straight out of the box so not too bad really.

I did a video review of this guy and the Mouth of Sauron here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bJg4_zD30&t=194s

Mostly because I couldn't find any video reviews of Mouth Of Sauron and thought it might help those on the fence.

WitchKingNaz2Small.jpg

GanNazgSmall.jpg

oh no... I bought the Nazgul and steed. Couldn't help it... flimsy figure, but looks insanely good. And now I want more. Never start on a new line!
1be313bd1b915df5489c0f64481f6517.jpg

Last edited:
oh no... I bought the Nazgul and steed. Couldn't help it... flimsy figure, but looks insanely good. And now I want more. Never start on a new line!
1be313bd1b915df5489c0f64481f6517.jpg

If you bought it new you are entitled to a missing sword and replacement body but they have been really slow about sending those out I hear. You may want to look into those threads on here to see about getting that stuff as the body is a lot firmer and the sword is cool.

If you bought it new you are entitled to a missing sword and replacement body but they have been really slow about sending those out I hear. You may want to look into those threads on here to see about getting that stuff as the body is a lot firmer and the sword is cool.

Wow, that's good to know! I did buy it new so I'll try and find the info. In this thread?

Looks awesome! I almost went down the road of getting The Nine. BBTS has the ACI on clearance and I had them all in my cart when the common-sense-switch flipped on in my brain and I ran screaming from the browser, thank goodness. Or not :)

Looks awesome! I almost went down the road of getting The Nine. BBTS has the ACI on clearance and I had them all in my cart when the common-sense-switch flipped on in my brain and I ran screaming from the browser, thank goodness. Or not :)

...oh god, you shouldn't have told me that. Is the ACI so much better than the Asmus?

...oh god, you shouldn't have told me that. Is the ACI so much better than the Asmus?

Ha ha sorry, slikkerias! I was so close to firing that wraith rocket. Can't say for sure comparison-wise as I've never seen the Asmus firsthand but I went through the threads top-to-bottom and it was this photo by paramoremcr88 that convinced me to get the ACI.

nazgul.jpg

I only got the one and it is awesome. The diecast armor is serious af and once you remove the random white weathering and trim up the fraying a bit, it's really epic.

Makes me wonder where we'd be if ACI had kept up their LOTR license and had either worked with or in competition with Asmus.

Theyre both great figures, but the ACI take way less work to look great. Armor on the ACI is much nicer too (and theres two ACI versions out there for a little variety). Armor might not matter to some though since its pretty well covered up by his robes.

Ha ha sorry, slikkerias! I was so close to firing that wraith rocket. Can't say for sure comparison-wise as I've never seen the Asmus firsthand but I went through the threads top-to-bottom and it was this photo by paramoremcr88 that convinced me to get the ACI.

View attachment 324656

I only got the one and it is awesome. The diecast armor is serious af and once you remove the random white weathering and trim up the fraying a bit, it's really epic.

Makes me wonder where we'd be if ACI had kept up their LOTR license and had either worked with or in competition with Asmus.

Hehe, think I'll stick with the Asmus for now... I think. Though I really like the die cast armor... Didn't want to start on LOTR in the first place and now after a week I got two...

I haven't had time to mod anything on my Nazgul yet, but I really like my two LOTR figures. Hope I can keep it to two.... who am I kidding?
868c03f80f9f33e08a4cbe91ae3fe3aa.jpg

While reading LOTR (for the first time in my life), I finally got the motivation to rework my Nazgûl. :) Had planned to do this for a long time.
There's actually not that much left from the original Asmus version, but any licensed parts I used were from this, so I thought I'd post it here.

All the work I did:
  • switched the body to a knock off TT
  • replaced the belts with faux leather
  • modified the "head" slightly, increasing height
  • resculpted the left hand to be more splayed open (right splayed hand is still in the works as well, for different posing options)
  • repainted/weathered the feet, hands, & weapons
  • made a completely new costume and weathered it

IMG_7572_2_small.jpg

IMG_7563_2_small.jpg

IMG_7535_small.jpg

IMG_7540_small.jpg

Compared to original hand:
IMG_7515_small.jpg

The Gandalf is still WIP (e.g., still missing hair, beard too long, not weathered, etc.)
IMG_7560_2_small.jpg

And finally, compared to my earlier reworked version, where I only made him a new hood.
OLD:
IMG_2670_small.jpg

NEW:
IMG_7552_2_small.jpg

While reading LOTR (for the first time in my life), I finally got the motivation to rework my Nazgûl. :) Had planned to do this for a long time.
There's actually not that much left from the original Asmus version, but any licensed parts I used were from this, so I thought I'd post it here.

All the work I did:
  • switched the body to a knock off TT
  • replaced the belts with faux leather
  • modified the "head" slightly, increasing height
  • resculpted the left hand to be more splayed open (right splayed hand is still in the works as well, for different posing options)
  • repainted/weathered the feet, hands, & weapons
  • made a completely new costume and weathered it

IMG_7572_2_small.jpg

IMG_7563_2_small.jpg

IMG_7535_small.jpg

IMG_7540_small.jpg

Compared to original hand:
IMG_7515_small.jpg

The Gandalf is still WIP (e.g., still missing hair, beard too long, not weathered, etc.)
IMG_7560_2_small.jpg

And finally, compared to my earlier reworked version, where I only made him a new hood.
OLD:
IMG_2670_small.jpg

NEW:
IMG_7552_2_small.jpg

Great work!!!

Back