Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theoden is probably my number one want in the future of line right now. I also want to see Asmus finish making the entire fellowship even the ones Sideshow had done. Eomer and a Faramir redo are high on my list too along with uruks, Lurtz and a whole ton of other characters.

Agree with everything on your list. My concern is that with the pacing the line is going we won't see some of the figures before the license expires.

A Worma Grimtongue that nails Brad Dourif would be an instant pre0rder with me. But then most likely most of the characters they make will be if things continue to progress along the lines of Saurman quality.

Agree with everything on your list. My concern is that with the pacing the line is going we won't see some of the figures before the license expires.

Yes, excellent list! I'm not too worried about the license, though. Licenses can be extended and renegotiated. Especially if Asmus is doing well with it. Remember, too, this is an older property at this point so there may not be anybody else looking to challenge them for it. But for the time being, I'm really enjoying the run Asmus is on right now.

Yes, excellent list! I'm not too worried about the license, though. Licenses can be extended and renegotiated. Especially if Asmus is doing well with it. Remember, too, this is an older property at this point so there may not be anybody else looking to challenge them for it. But for the time being, I'm really enjoying the run Asmus is on right now.

The fact that two companies were vying for the license at the same time shows us that there are both artists and collectors chomping at the bit to continue this amazing epic that Tolkien's world has lent to our collective conscious. I am super excited for everything coming. I just re-read the entire series and loved every word more than ever before. I cannot wait for their next reveal.

Interestingly enough, when I first clicked on this thread I some how ended up on the very first post. It explained their 5 year plan and their entire theory and the fact that their founder/funder on this worked at WETA was a nice revisit. Rather than quoting it here, I encourage everyone to re-read it and then I also hope that Asmus could pipe in here and let us know how that projection has changed if at all.

Bottom line for me though: they announced this line and I was excited. They executed their first figures and I was excited. Now they have expanded and improved... Listened to fans and made things we could not have dreamed of seeing as fans of Tolkien's world. This is pretty F*#$%'n amazing in all honesty.

Bring it on Asmus! I hope that the crazy economy shifts in China and their currency only helps this business and allows companies like Asmus to excel. This was an amazing year for LOTR in general and I hope it only continues.

I'll most likely buy every LOTR figure they make, but I want those hobbits (and Gimli) sooner rather than later, after Sideshow not finishing the line I couldn't bare it if the same thing happened with Asmus. I would love them to finish the fellowship before releasing figures such as Faramir and Eomer (even though I'd buy them as well).

I'll most likely buy every LOTR figure they make, but I want those hobbits (and Gimli) sooner rather than later, after Sideshow not finishing the line I couldn't bare it if the same thing happened with Asmus. I would love them to finish the fellowship before releasing figures such as Faramir and Eomer (even though I'd buy them as well).

:goodpost: Finish the Fellowship, please. All the other characters would be icing on the cake. But I want the original nine members of the Fellowship above all. I'd like to see Galadriel, Arwen and Elrond, and of course, Gollum... everyone else, it would depend on how cool they look.

im sure they're all planned. i wouldn't be surprised if we saw gollum and frodo get released close to each other.

Gollum is my most wanted 1/6th for this line. If released...

I will probably be just in for Gandalf the Grey, Saruman the White, Frodo and Gollum.

There isn't any figure I don't want, but it would be nice to see the Fellowship completed. I'm certainly looking forward to having Boromir and Elrond.

Accessories are a big deal with these figures, so the more weapons, shields, and armor the better!

Another thing to consider is army building, as we have Gondor, Rohan, Elves, and Dwarves that need full representation. Aside, from customizing, alternate head sculpts are something that would be useful.

There isn't any figure I don't want, but it would be nice to see the Fellowship completed. I'm certainly looking forward to having Boromir and Elrond.

Accessories are a big deal with these figures, so the more weapons, shields, and armor the better!

Another thing to consider is army building, as we have Gondor, Rohan, Elves, and Dwarves that need full representation. Aside, from customizing, alternate head sculpts are something that would be useful.

Agree on the accessories but I cannot even fathom "army building" in this scale. The cost alone is prohibitive but I have serious space constraints as it is and find myself getting more and more things lately with all the awesome releases. I come from a youth fill with Warhammer battles and still have a closet full of boxed up armies, literal armies. I cannot fall into that lust again and will not go down a road of more than one of each type if I can at all help it.

I would love for them to finish up the Fellowship and then give us some more supporting characters from each of the films followed by an orc or elf or two that actually lent a speaking line to the movie but I have to balk at rank and file.

WWEJedi said:
I will probably be just in for Gandalf the Grey, Saruman the White, Frodo and Gollum.

same, i want those 3 and a galadriel, be good to get her with the water mirror thingie.

Yeah, getting the principle characters is a lot more important than army building IMO.

I agree whole heartedly. I have to make it clear that I suffer from a diorama mentality. :cuckoo: I can't just put figures on a blank shelf, I have to build scenes around them, and this line is perfect for this type of disease! I love all the display bases we are being treated to!

When I imagine having a figure like Elrond weaponized and in full armor ready to battle the forces of Mordor, I imagine having at least several soldiers to display standing behind him.

While I wouldn't want army builder figures to be produced at the expense of named characters, I'd definitely be in for one or two generic Easterlings, Gondor Soldiers, Uruk-Hai, Elves (Prologue and Helm's Deep), Haradrim, Rohirrim, etc. Less excited for army builders from the Hobbit (hopefully the soldiers of the "Five Armies" will be a little more distinctive in the Extended Edition). My most wanted "Hobbit" army builder would probably be the Laketown Guards.

Back