Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got an invoice for Gandalf, I pre ordered then paid the balance through an option on their website, I got a invoice for Galadriel but not Gandalf, but now they both paid for I’m waiting on shipping bill now to uk.

im glad they sorting orders first I’d be pritty pissed if people were getting stuff when I’ve not even received my figure yet.

I`m in UK and finally got my Gandalf recently after I went ahead with the FedEx shipping option. Same also for Galadriel, 4 Elven Archers and 2 Elven Warriors. Must have got lucky as they all came through customs with nothing to pay. Seems FedEX might be way to go as each order only took about 5 days to arrive which I thought was impressive.

I`m in UK and finally got my Gandalf recently after I went ahead with the FedEx shipping option. Same also for Galadriel, 4 Elven Archers and 2 Elven Warriors. Must have got lucky as they all came through customs with nothing to pay. Seems FedEX might be way to go as each order only took about 5 days to arrive which I thought was impressive.

Well you must be lucky indeed.
I seem to have been forgotten.

Well you must be lucky indeed.
I seem to have been forgotten.
I`m sorry you are having no joy with your orders and really hope you get your shipping invoice soon. Keep at them. I still have one outstanding order with Asmus that I keep requesting a balance and shipping invoice for, but as yet all is silent. I guess they must be swamped with enquiries and possibly not enough staff to deal with customers concerns.

I never got an invoice for Gandalf, I pre ordered then paid the balance through an option on their website, I got a invoice for Galadriel but not Gandalf, but now they both paid for I’m waiting on shipping bill now to uk.

im glad they sorting orders first I’d be pritty pissed if people were getting stuff when I’ve not even received my figure yet.
Am waiting on Sideshow, so assume my fig is off the California coast somewhere.

Does anyone have a good option for a replacement hat (3rd party, etc.)? Any word of Asmus offering some type of a replacement option?

Does anyone have a good option for a replacement hat (3rd party, etc.)? Any word of Asmus offering some type of a replacement option?
I have no idea where to tell you to start but someone in this thread I think mentioned of someone offering a third party hat. You can also use the Sideshow one I think or adapt the one that comes with Gandalf to fit better. Directions for that are also in this thread.

i don't know how fedex custom duties works in uk... but here is what happened me in italy. When Fedex courier delivered the parcel to me, i have not paid custom duties. After a couple of weeks i received a letter from fedex: inside i found a bill with the custom duties to pay PLUS an addictional 15 euros fedex feed because they have paid the custom fees for me in advance.

Anyone else still waiting on their invoice? (I ordered directly from the Asmus website.)

i don't know how fedex custom duties works in uk... but here is what happened me in italy. When Fedex courier delivered the parcel to me, i have not paid custom duties. After a couple of weeks i received a letter from fedex: inside i found a bill with the custom duties to pay PLUS an addictional 15 euros fedex feed because they have paid the custom fees for me in advance.
Sounds like I better not count my chickens just yet. I haven`t had any FedEx custom payment demand letters yet - and hope I don`t. Anyway at least it`s a heads-up. Cheers for the info.:wave

Sounds like I better not count my chickens just yet. I haven`t had any FedEx custom payment demand letters yet - and hope I don`t. Anyway at least it`s a heads-up. Cheers for the info.:wave
On my deluxe Arwen I had no fees due, so I’m not sure if it’s just the luck of it ?

Anyone had luck with an email response from Asmus lately? :dunno
I still have a couple of Elven Warriors I`m waiting on. Had to send several emails. Eventually after I repeatedly pointed out they were an order from last year and not anything to do with other duplicate more recent orders that have been dealt with and I have received, I got an email back couple of days ago to say my order will be passed to the finance department, so balance and shipping invoice can be issued - still waiting.
I was lucky to get my Gandalf recently with seemingly not a great deal of hassle, but things seem to be slowing down at Asmus and I know a lot of people are still waiting for Gandalf etc. I find it a problem to get the balance of how many reminder/query messages to send them so as to not become annoying to the two ladies that seem to be on the front line. Got to say they are always very polite in replies.
As I`ve mentioned before I can only guess they are snowed under with orders and maybe have a staff shortage? So I guess it`s a bit of a waiting game. I really wish all who are still waiting for orders, invoices etc, much luck.

I've gotten a few responses lately (had to write over and over)
but no actual results, just a bunch of "thank you for your inquiry, we will pass the message on to that department"
- absolutely no follow through!

That's exactly what happened to me. That's usually how it goes with FedEx.
DHL on the other hand keep my stuff until I paid all the customs and extra fees.

Back