Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finalised my Gandalf payment to Asmus last week and it was dispatched pretty quickly. Only taking from Friday to Sunday to get to Sydney where it still sits. Now we'll see how long it will take Australia Post to get it to Melbourne with all the covid shenanigans.:impatient:
Pics when it arrives.
With Auspost backlogged still,I'm sure GtG will arrive precisely when he means too 😉
Hopefully Friday for you.

Pics when it arrives.
With Auspost backlogged still,I'm sure GtG will arrive precisely when he means too 😉
Hopefully Friday for you.
Will definitely take some pics when he turns up! Really looking forward to getting him. It’s funny, but getting Gimli really supercharged my LOTR collecting desire!
I’m kinda hoping for a Friday delivery but have been let down too many times.
***Tracking update puts it at a processing centre one suburb away. Looks like it could be Friday after all :) Woo hoo!

Last edited:
At this point, is there somewhere else you can order from?
If there isn't some movement by end of October am gonna talk to Sideshow and/or look elsewhere. I just need some guarantee he actually is gonna show up from Sideshow.

Edit: Asmus responded in the Questions thread, so hopefully Oct/Nov! :clap

Last edited:
Well, he was delivered today!
A very “handsome” release. The packaging and contents all put together to give it a special feel. Certainly not a flawless figure, with issues already discussed at length in this forum (dat hat!), but overall he’s very impressive. I’ll take some more pics later, but here’s a few kitchen table shots😋
16D21D13-EB5C-41FE-8606-EFD7DC1712E0.jpeg
DADF735E-8F0B-4F59-A263-FAB1DA8B3FD7.jpeg
09550A9E-1654-4576-AB02-804A00BD0C6B.jpeg

Attachments

• 1968EA0E-F13B-469B-9EA3-569DC20A4154.jpeg
    1968EA0E-F13B-469B-9EA3-569DC20A4154.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 51
A very “handsome” release. The packaging and contents all put together to give it a special feel. Certainly not a flawless figure, with issues already discussed at length in this forum (dat hat!), but overall he’s very impressive. I’ll take some more pics later, but here’s a few kitchen table shots😋View attachment 540866View attachment 540867View attachment 540868
Awesome pics mate!!
GtG looks very nice.
Great posing .
and Friday too!!
Auspost are doing great considering the amount of workload.

A very “handsome” release. The packaging and contents all put together to give it a special feel. Certainly not a flawless figure, with issues already discussed at length in this forum (dat hat!), but overall he’s very impressive. I’ll take some more pics later, but here’s a few kitchen table shots😋View attachment 540866View attachment 540867View attachment 540868
Think he looks great and appreciate the pics. LOL a 1/6 scale white horse I ordered way back came in, so right now I have a Shadowfax but no Gandalf.

Even tho this isn't Gandalf the White.:monkey3 I don't care I wanted a horse with my LOTR figures.

Think he looks great and appreciate the pics. LOL a 1/6 scale white horse I ordered way back came in, so right now I have a Shadowfax but no Gandalf.

Even tho this isn't Gandalf the White.:monkey3 I don't care I wanted a horse with my LOTR figures.
Is it the Thoroughbred horses? I have the brown and white ones in my pile of loot at BBTS. The brown one would work for Brego and the white for Shadowfax or Asfaloth.

Is it the Thoroughbred horses? I have the brown and white ones in my pile of loot at BBTS. The brown one would work for Brego and the white for Shadowfax or Asfaloth.
The Akhal-Teke horse (Mr. Z - Horse - Six Versions - No Saddle - Mr. Z 1/6 Scale Animal Mode)

Gorgeous tho since apparently they wanted a horse champing at the bit, IMO too much teeth (fine for Zorro's Tornado tho). And I need to blur out the dark knees as Shadowfax didn't have that coloring. I'll be toning down the teeth too - or maybe gray up the mane and use for Snowmane or Eomer's horse.:frank Suspect most horses don't have sparkling white teeth.:D Would be great for a Mordor horse too tho the saddle etc. would have to be custom, unless ASMUS does some sort of re-release I guess.

Still, I am happy to have a 1/6 horse with some movement. Really getting into the weeds and not a horse expert, but from reading both Shadowfax and Tornado were played by pairs of Andalusians. Still waiting for someone to make some 1/6 Andalusians. Maybe there's a fee for using the name of these more "pure" breeds. But for now I figure both the Akahal-Teke and thoroughbreds were bred for speed and power, so good enough.

I can't tell anyway unless there's a really distinctive look, like an Arabian has. :D I had to look all this up about horse breeds. Meanwhile my Aragorn gets no horse. He got a nice diorama and by the Valar, he's gonna use it. :D

Last edited:
How did you fix the hat? It looks great there!
Sorry for the crazy late reply. I took off the piece of cloth and the stuffing inside, like everyone else did. I stretched the circumference of the hole as far as I dared and pushed down on his head as far as I dared. Sooo nothing fancy. lol A pretty blunt way to go out it. I've gotten it to look better since.

20211013_103505.jpg
20211013_103406.jpg
20211013_080948.jpg
20211013_080916.jpg

Sorry for the crazy late reply. I took off the piece of cloth and the stuffing inside, like everyone else did. I stretched the circumference of the hole as far as I dared and pushed down on his head as far as I dared. Sooo nothing fancy. lol A pretty blunt way to go out it. I've gotten it to look better since.

View attachment 541518View attachment 541519View attachment 541520View attachment 541521

Great pics!

Wish I could share the joy except today got another PO delay notice from SSC.

Don't know if my Gandalf is on one of those ships sitting off the coast of California, or what. Maybe I will get him next year.:crying:crying:crying

Well, apparently Asmus is never going to offer the promised replacement heads, so …
Sideshow delayed my Gandalf until November; far as I know. Wouldn't be happy if sculpts were in circulation before some of us even get our figures.
Not that I wouldn't like a sculpt for my version 1.

Back