Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s bad 😑😑😑
Shipping is f*** up due to Covid 😞😞
Yeah, I may sit on ordering Legolas until holiday season over. Tho ASMUS did a better job shipping this summer than just about anyone. Not sure what is going on with Sideshow, or even if a batch of Crown Gandalf is on their way to them.

Followed a YouTube video and adjusted my Gandalf hat to fit the head.
gently used a craft knife to pick stitches, emptied the foam and magnet, wet and stretched the opening over a bottle top over night.
so much better and quite simple to do.
😁

next thing is trying to make a hole for the pipe? Has anyone tried ?
if I wasn’t so particular on the staffs but I have a full collection of lord of the rings staffs from weta and united cutlery so it’s kinda a big deal for me.
the first Gandalf staffs really upset my OCD but these crown staffs looks the part it’s just a shame mine hasn’t the hole for the pipe.

Yeah, I may sit on ordering Legolas until holiday season over. Tho ASMUS did a better job shipping this summer than just about anyone. Not sure what is going on with Sideshow, or even if a batch of Crown Gandalf is on their way to them.
Many items are delayed on sideshow
and expecting more delays stating next week (Black Friday)

Any idea who made this figure ( Photo from Facebook )

Attachments

• E6AD7AE3-6651-49CC-B886-13D605EE0CC2.jpeg
    E6AD7AE3-6651-49CC-B886-13D605EE0CC2.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 101
My Gandalf’s staff doesn’t have a hole and they said in this case they couldn’t do too much about it but told me how to modify it IF I wanted to add one myself. In that note, they did a great job in resolving my elven archer issue and totally exceeded my expectations.
How do they recommend modifying the staff, if I may ask. I assumed just drilling a hole using a dremel drill, or is there some special/recommended method?

^ Definitely agree! Asmus do a great job with their figures and the price point is very fair IMO. One of the reasons I scaled back heavily on collecting Hot Toys was due to the price of their basic (bare bones) figures which is now usually north of £250 in the UK.

That Gandalf does look fantastic though! :rock

Wow! Thanks for posting. Totally agree though on the great job Asmus does for the price.
Totally agree, ASMUS does fantastic work and keeps the price within reach. That picture looks like a custom? but would guess, since a great custom sculpt can run around 500$, that's a 1500-2000$ figure.

Custom-made figures (made by decent artists) are and always will be "better" but also way more expensive than mass-produced figures. Even Hot Toys can not compete usually.

Asmus does a great job and if they keep constantly improving I will be backing them up for a long time. We are going to see the new Asmus website next week which is also a great step in the right direction.

Last edited:
...We are going to see the new Asmus website next week which is also a great step in the right direction.

This would be their third iteration of a website. Interesting what the changes will be. In the last one, we lost all records of previous orders. I hope we don't lose them again.

How do they recommend modifying the staff, if I may ask. I assumed just drilling a hole using a dremel drill, or is there some special/recommended method?
They just said to drill the hole but that the staff without the pipe insert hole was the original design.

View attachment 546492View attachment 546493I stumbled upon these on Instagram.
much similar to the work of another company which caused controversy over licensing.

amazing pieces of artwork but with a huge price tag.

asmus the licensed company for the price point of their figures does a grand job.imo
I wonder if they used the crown Gandalf as a base for this figure?

View attachment 546492View attachment 546493I stumbled upon these on Instagram.
much similar to the work of another company which caused controversy over licensing.

amazing pieces of artwork but with a huge price tag.

asmus the licensed company for the price point of their figures does a grand job.imo
So it’s the company that produced Gandalf the White 2 years ago ?

Back