Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gs111.jpg

gs211.jpg

gs311.jpg

gs411.jpg

gs511.jpg

gs611.jpg

gs711.jpg

with the Sideshow hat, staff and pipe.

Sorry guys. One last question about the shipping box with this figure.

Is the brown Asmus box as sturdy as a Hot Toys brown shipper ?

Sorry guys. One last question about the shipping box with this figure.

Is the brown Asmus box as sturdy as a Hot Toys brown shipper ?

I just got my package from Asmus direct. The brown shipper is not as sturdy as a Hot Toys one. However, they double boxed it and added bubble wrap between the outer box and the brown shipper. They also used plastic corner protectors. I must say they really upped the packaging and made an effort to protect the art box.

I just got my package from Asmus direct. The brown shipper is not as sturdy as a Hot Toys one. However, they double boxed it and added bubble wrap between the outer box and the brown shipper. They also used plastic corner protectors. I must say they really upped the packaging and made an effort to protect the art box.

Thanks CBJon. :pray:

Hmmm OK. I'm just contemplating if I pay significantly more (+$40) to ship double boxed (due to larger box being just over the size limit for cheaper freight) or simply send with the Asmus box for the cheaper rate ? :dunno

Thanks CBJon. :pray:

Hmmm OK. I'm just contemplating if I pay significantly more (+$40) to ship double boxed (due to larger box being just over the size limit for cheaper freight) or simply send with the Asmus box for the cheaper rate ? :dunno

Their shipper box alone is not very protective. The HT ones are quite a bit stronger in comparison.

Their shipper box alone is not very protective. The HT ones are quite a bit stronger in comparison.

OK I guess it's a pretty clear sign especially if Asmus are also double boxing. Not ideal considering the low cost of the box itself can drive shipping costs up considerably.

Something to consider for the future Asmus...

So I tamed the beard and hair by spraying water on it, shaping it, and letting it dry. It definitely made it less frizzy. So wetting the hair is a productive and easy thing to do. Unfortunately the figure I bought did not get lamb’s wool that has natural curl to it, though. Once it dried it still remained pretty straight.

if you can braid it and wet it (or braid it while wet), let it dry, then un-braid it,
the hair will curl up. Girls did it to their hair in the 60's -called it "Zapping".
It will fall back out with more water if you don't like the results :wink1:

I received my invoice for Gandalf today! I ordered Feb 3rd this year as soon as new pre-orders went up, and I'm in the Netherlands. I was expecting this much later this year, so this was a nice surprise.

Happy to see they're reaching the Feb orders. I preordered Feb 4th so hopefully they get to mine soon.

I pre order on Jan-20.... Still nothing, not that they're shipping to my country anyways xD

Back