Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eagerly waiting for the head to upgrade my Gandalf. If I don't get it, might sell the whole figure :p

I received my Gandalf today directly from Asmus.
Customs opened the package, including the inside shipper (first time that ever happened), so I was a bit anxious opening him up, but everything looks good. The hair is a bit messy, but nothing I didn't expect after shipping halfway across the world.
I also had to pay 38€ in import tax. Luckily Asmus declared the package low value, otherwise it would've been much more. It's also nothing compared to the 120€-220€ mark up the European retailers are charging...
I don't have my new setup built yet, so it'll be a while until I put him up on display, but I'm glad to have him already. :)

Come on Asmus help a guy out! He’s ready for his new head!!

Attachments

• 48AD5F22-AB93-4856-8D34-ED26ACB064F7.jpeg
    48AD5F22-AB93-4856-8D34-ED26ACB064F7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
I received my Gandalf today directly from Asmus.
Customs opened the package, including the inside shipper (first time that ever happened), so I was a bit anxious opening him up, but everything looks good. The hair is a bit messy, but nothing I didn't expect after shipping halfway across the world.
I also had to pay 38€ in import tax. Luckily Asmus declared the package low value, otherwise it would've been much more. It's also nothing compared to the 120€-220€ mark up the European retailers are charging...
I don't have my new setup built yet, so it'll be a while until I put him up on display, but I'm glad to have him already. :)
What's the hair and beard like on yours? I'm still on the fence about picking this up...but the more i see, the more i wants...the precious :)

Still waiting for mine, i ordered it from sideshow.....if anyone knows anything that would be nice lol

What's the hair and beard like on yours? I'm still on the fence about picking this up...but the more i see, the more i wants...the precious :)
I can take some shots tomorrow.
Based on my first inspection it already looked quite good, but definitely needs some proper futzing.
I'm renovating my collection room soon so everything needs to be boxed up, so I won't put any time/effort into futzing him yet until after the renovation is complete though.

Asmus sent my final payment notice for this second batch Gandalf. All paid up and should be processed and shipped soon.
(Wasn’t expecting this until December)

Here a shot of mine. I futzing him for about 20 min for this shot, putting on the sword etc. Didn't use any water or product on the hair yet, this was just using my fingers.
I would definitely recommend picking him up if you're a fan of the character!
Knowing your quality standard in figures, I do think he needs some work to get him to an A+ figure, but which figure doesn't need that (HT included)? Some weathering, serious futzing, adding real eyebrows etc. and he will be up there with the best. Davejames' version will be my benchmark once I start working on him, his work on Gandalf is truly amazing and shows the potential.

Attachments

• IMG_5821_2_small.jpg
    IMG_5821_2_small.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 128
Here a shot of mine. I futzing him for about 20 min for this shot, putting on the sword etc. Didn't use any water or product on the hair yet, this was just using my fingers.
Knowing your quality standard in figures, I do think he needs some work to get him to an A+ figure, but which figure doesn't need that (HT included)? Some weathering, serious futzing, adding real eyebrows etc. and he will be up there with the best. Davejames' version will be my benchmark once I start working on him, his work on Gandalf is truly amazing and shows the potential.

And good job on the movable eyes. Looking very natural and bringing Gandalf to life!

You are one of the few people who actually changed his eyes position. Very good, thanks for sharing :)

And good job on the movable eyes. Looking very natural and bringing Gandalf to life!
You are one of the few people who actually changed his eyes position. Very good, thanks for sharing :)
Thanks guys. While taking the picture I noticed that the eyes are not as aligned as they should be though, but I didn't want to mess with the hair again.:lol
Any idea on when the pipes will ship?
More of an fyi for those who have yet to receive the figure: mine did come with the pipe, it was included in the tray where the eye tool is. The staff doesn't appear to have the hole though.

Paid off the remaining balance for my Feb 2021 preorder. Kind of worried yet excited to get him in. Don't know what I'm gonna do with his eyes.

Anyone have any suggestions?

i don't think they had announced a revisited head... nor the hat... but the hat issue is very easy to solve, I have spent about 5 minutes to solve it and improve hat shape... And even eye gloss is not an issue ì, if you don0t put a light directly in front of them. Gandalf crown is a beautifull figure...

Back