Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can add me to the Very Happy With This Figure list. He's been standing on my desk right next to my computer for a month now and my enthusiasm has not dimmed.

Yes, out of the box the hat doesn't work, but I wasn't planning to use it. That hair work is too gorgeous. (Plus - AND I KNOW THAT THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE - but I've never been a fan of the whole "wizards in pointy hats" thing. I KNOW it all stems from Tolkien's original vision and that the convention most likely started with him, but I just prefer my fantasy stories a little more "realistic". And yes, I know how silly that sounds! :lol ) But I do wish the hat had been better executed. There are a lot of folks who did want to pose him with it and it's a bummer that they can't or that they have to mod it.

I also didn't mind the base situation. I used a spot of hot glue to secure the mailbox and everything worked fine. Yes, it's too small for Gandalf, but it works great with my Bilbo figure. I didn't have any pipe or staff issues. And the eyes never bothered me.

For me, this figure has become my favorite in the line. Zero regrets. Would buy again.

Last edited:
g112.jpg

g211.jpg

g312.jpg

g412.jpg

g511.jpg

g612.jpg

g712.jpg

g812.jpg

just received and unpacked. Thanks Asmus, he's amazing. You can add me too to the Very happy with this figure :clap

But now it would be cool to answer my emails for Galadriel. Thank you

My order from TNS arrived yesterday, super quick, free and no import troubles. Very happy I decided to shift my order to them.

I must admit there were/are a few issues, for example my Gandalf's right arm was dislocated completely when I took him from the box, but after 5 mins I was able to pop it back in and it feels really strong and solid now. The base is a bit of a nightmare to keep the mailbox in, plus it takes a lot of space from the figure, I might repurpose the diorama for my Bilbo figure but for now I really like the stone/moss/plants base for my Gandalf figure. its also a pity that the book of Balin doesn't open properly.

All that said though, I am super happy with this figure, the presentation and packaging was gorgeous, personally I think the likeness is good, the beard/hair is really fantastic and elevates this figure a lot and he looks great straight out of the box.
I took a few pictures, here he is without any futzing or alterations

gandalf 1.jpg

gandalf 2.jpg

gandalf 3.jpg

gandalf 4.jpg

So overall I am a happy customer!

So how come the last two figures posted have hats that sit on the head properly?

New batch?

These recent pics look great. Really like Pizza?s pics in particular. I think it just needs some TLC to make it shine.
I have plans on using some of the base accessories to make a larger custom base that will fit him better when he arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He is amazing! I decided to forgo the elaborate stand so he could stand beside Galadriel. I think they look nice together. 3F017B2D-EC33-48A9-80B2-BD292D003813.jpeg

Hey all. So I ordered this from BBTS, and its coming to me in Europe via a forwarder. Just wanted to know a couple of things,

1). What is the normal box size ?
2). Do BBTS double box ? I have a feeling they do.

If someone could get me the normal box size I'd be very grateful. My issue is that postage from the forwarder with the presumably larger double box is very expensive, so I am considering getting them to remove that and send in the normal shipper box.

I guess the normal shipper box would be enough protection ??

Hey all. So I ordered this from BBTS, and its coming to me in Europe via a forwarder. Just wanted to know a couple of things,

If someone could get me the normal box size I'd be very grateful. My issue is that postage from the forwarder with the presumably larger double box is very expensive, so I am considering getting them to remove that and send in the normal shipper box.

Hi, I could reply you about the inner colour box size of Gandalf CS is 38.5*17*35cm. It also has a single carton box to cover it all, but I think it's not so thick enough to protect the product in transport cross ocean. Maybe BBTS has their way to protect for the long distance course, kindly check with them.

Hi, I am Rovi from Asmus Toys, the marketing staff and one of our FB admin. We made this second account in collectorfreaks forum to share news and collect all opinions from you. I am still learning how to make this community well. Nice meeting you guys.

BBTS double boxes everything, so yes it'll be double boxed with bubble wrap around it. It's a big box on it's own, I weighed it out of curiosity and I think it was between 6 and 7 pounds, so hefty.

g2011.jpg

g2110.jpg

g2210.jpg

g2310.jpg

g2410.jpg

g2510.jpg

g2610.jpg

I put on a Weta hat. What do you think ?
The Weta hat is way better and fits this Gandalf perfectly. The only problem is the shadow casted on the eyes, which basically become two pitch black slots. But this doesn't depend on the hat at all, obviously [emoji106]

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Back