Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic, Hoody!

I love the camera lens effect/aspect with the outstretched staff and sword.

Thanks guys. It just sort of happened. Can be a real pain sometimes, but sometimes possible to use to some good affect.

I must add that my beard was a total mess out of the box. But with some wet fingers and some gentle straightening of the strands I got that effect after about a minute of futzing. Could probably do more, but definitely not hard to get him looking better.

Water treatment of the the hair is a must imo.

Received him yesterday, and I'm super in love with my Gandalf. Sure the hair needs a bit of futzing, and all the bits, but he looks so great. Also, used the old version hat, and works perfectly, much much better than the new one. Will try to post some pics at some point.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 16.49.01 (2).jpgWhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 16.49.01 (1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 16.49.01.jpgWhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 16.49.00.jpg

Guys all your pics look so good! I love this Gandalf and it would be 10/10 if only the eyes were not so... Weird?

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Guys all your pics look so good! I love this Gandalf and it would be 10/10 if only the eyes were not so... Weird?

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk
Agreed, hopefully it improves with the next Gandalf though. Asmus seemed to acknowledge the issue with this release so there's a chance.

All you lucky people who got him already, I’m still patiently waiting for uk delivery to continus.
then Galadriel and Gandalf will arrive.

After preordering in February, I got my Crown Series Gandalf today! Glad to see Asmus has resumed shipping to Spain.
He is just impressive in hand, I don't know how some people could complain about this figure. It's true that I must have been lucky with the rooted hair, since it required almost no futzing to make it look ok. I like the Bag End base it comes with but I think I will display him with the original Khazad-Dum base.

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_150158.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150158.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20210610_150055.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150055.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 82
After preordering in February, I got my Crown Series Gandalf today! Glad to see Asmus has resumed shipping to Spain.
He is just impressive in hand, I don't know how some people could complain about this figure. It's true that I must have been lucky with the rooted hair, since it required almost no futzing to make it look ok. I like the Bag End base it comes with but I think I will display him with the original Khazad-Dum base.
Looks great! Did you as more dirt and weathering to his robe? It looks way better than mine!

Looks great! Did you as more dirt and weathering to his robe? It looks way better than mine!
Thank you! He's just out of the box, his robe came like that - it's a nice touch. Comparing it to other figures here, I've also noticed that the beard in mine is more naturally curly but considerably shorter.

Thank you! He's just out of the box, his robe came like that - it's a nice touch. Comparing it to other figures here, I've also noticed that the beard in mine is more naturally curly but considerably shorter.
Well at least you know where those beard hairs came from...... :lol

Back