Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ... Last Christmas I had Hot Toys AoU Hulkbuster and A1 Hulk in boxes for 3 months just waiting for Christmas.

I have noticed that I enjoy the unboxing and looking at the figure for the first few days/weeks the most so I try not to unbox them too close to each other so I enjoy every single one of them as much as possible. I have now unboxed the Thorin and I really love the figure (had to do some styling to his hair ... ), the next figures to unbox are Gandalf and Frodo, on the 24th, and then slowly unbox the rest of the week by week. I still have Faramir and Legolas on the way as well.

I do the same in the cinema. I NEVER touch the nachos/popcorn before the actual movie starts, even if I was hungry as **** and commercials/trailers took 20 mins :ROFLMAO:
Totally get that, tho I will go back and *gloat* over my figs, time to time. Thanks to ASMUS doing such nice detailing, these figures are worth lingering over. I usually don't have more than 1 fig come in at once - it can get overwhelming.

Figures like Thorin, Galadriel, Gimli, Bilbo etc. where there are plenty of accessories and looks, I could spend days working with.

Gandalf arrived. Let the fireworks begin.

Asmus Gandalf.png

Even if I’m not ready to display, I rather open them up and verify that I don’t have a defect or damaged item. Waiting past 30days means you lose your replacement window. Anything you find damaged or with a manufacturer defect, now you have to pay for out of your own pocket. But I guess if you’re willing to take that risk, then yea, it must be a little fun to spread out and delay the unboxing experience. I’ve opened too many figures with defects to take the chance of waiting.

Another delay notice from SSC until January. TBH being the holiday season funds are tight, and I'd rather not have Gandalf in the mail with Christmas shipments. Tho I wonder if I will ever see this figure in person. :slap :rolleyes::gandalf:balrog

Another delay notice from SSC until January. TBH being the holiday season funds are tight, and I'd rather not have Gandalf in the mail with Christmas shipments. Tho I wonder if I will ever see this figure in person. :slap :rolleyes::gandalf:balrog
That's why i cancelled my order from them and got a refund. They can't keep using the pandemic as an excuse as most retailers in the states had this in stock months ago...and now most of the retail outlets in Europe have it in stock as well.

Mine arrived in from LCDN yesterday and i'm still in the "blown away" "jaw on floor" faze. It's my first Asmus product and wow it's one beautiful set! The detailing is incredible!
The eyes are not as bothersome as i thought they would be and under the right lighting can look pretty great. My only real nitpick is the poorly engineered hat which will need reworking...and i might add a tad more hair to the mustache, but otherwise it truly is a stunning masterpiece...

DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0049.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0302.JPG

Looks good...nice job. What did you do to make the hole deeper?
You'll need to remove the circular piece of material to open up the hole...it's stitching is independent from the rest of the hat, so it's easy remove. There's some glue on it as well, but again it's easy to pull it off gently.
Push the foam deeper into the hats crown and then using a spot of Fabric glue, glue the magnet to the foam facing to the front side of the brim. Make sure you have the magnet facing in the right direction(polar opposites) to the magnet inside the head before gluing.
Then just push back in the circular piece of material to a depth you are happy with...
DSC_0001.JPG

Is anyone STILL waiting for an invoice direct from Asmus for this? I’ve sent multiple emails with 0 response.

What are the chances that SSC will get their stock of this fig? Has anyone received their GTG as ordered through SSC?

Would be nice to know if Asmus is planning to fulfill SSC's orders.

Back