Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus @inyacher

can we expect some adjustments to the Gandalfs hat with upcoming batches? It seems most of the collectors who own the figure have issues with it, considering it the biggest downside of the figure.

I usually do not like to modify figures myself.

Thank you.

Hi Waiden, we won't change the design for Gandalf's hat as I know. There are still some collectors like the design of magnet. Thanks for your opinion.

Ha, could the collectors who are really satisfied with Gandalf’s hat please make themselves known because I can’t recall seeing a single positive mention of it anywhere.
Maybe if the hat was a big larger and sat better it would have been a good idea?

Ha, could the collectors who are really satisfied with Gandalf’s hat please make themselves known because I can’t recall seeing a single positive mention of it anywhere.
Well, I have some nice sharp scissors ready, as that perching like a bird look isn't gonna cut it. But with the hair, might be a shame to use the hat (and I have V1 anyway who can wear the hat).

If, of course, SSC ever gets around to getting Gandalf in.:(

View attachment 546492View attachment 546493I stumbled upon these on Instagram.
much similar to the work of another company which caused controversy over licensing.

amazing pieces of artwork but with a huge price tag.

asmus the licensed company for the price point of their figures does a grand job.imo
That sculpt looks incredible!
Voodoo magic...as if someone chopped off Mckellen's head and shrunken it down.

I was looking forward to maybe getting my Gandalf before the Christmas holidays...but alas, it's now looking it will be sometime in the new year...:cry:
Damn you SS and that bloody pandemic:gah:

That sculpt looks incredible!
Voodoo magic...as if someone chopped off Mckellen's head and shrunken it down.

I was looking forward to maybe getting my Gandalf before the Christmas holidays...but alas, it's now looking it will be sometime in the new year...:cry:
Damn you SS and that bloody pandemic:gah:
Right there with ya :( . As it is, wouldn't be surprised if I got another delay notice from Sideshow. It's like a regular thing. Suppose Gandalf is still offshore of California. Maybe.

Has anyone got confirmation from SS on an actual shipping date? I'm trying to contact them but i'm stuck with that stupid autobot thingy
Haven't tried. Figure it's not Sideshow but the global shipping problem, plus apparently not enough dock space and workers. Nothing Sideshow can do, assuming Asmus shipped Sideshow's allotment.

Haven't tried. Figure it's not Sideshow but the global shipping problem, plus apparently not enough dock space and workers. Nothing Sideshow can do, assuming Asmus shipped Sideshow's allotment.
After finally getting through to SS i was told that their batch of Gandalf's is due to arrive sometime this month.
I asked them about the whereabouts, as in...have they left China, at sea or arrived at the port?
They were pretty vague in their response and are guessing that the batch has possibly arrived at the port but are still waiting to be offloaded.

On the off chance that one of the port official's is looking in...HURRY UP AND OFFLOAD THOSE DAMN DOLLIES!!:tap:D

Had the chance to repose one of the few remaining figures I have this evening. Reminds me why I started collected in the first place!
PXL_20211202_053055494.jpg

Back