Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raymond, it's absolutely stunning... A true piece of art really...!
:)

27bfb0fb9c4f5202469ff83a0dcde5df.jpg
f5b3ad2a6b5f77288d977bfeff7801b9.jpg
2aa7674aa06722316f59f70703f6a712.jpg
dba8999804271110f61b0b2c143b6855.jpg

Best Gimli ever

Only Gimli ever.

you guessed right bud ;)

Raymond, as you did with your Boromir, you just left me astounded with these 2 masterpieces of yours.
Could you, for the Gods' sake, go into a little bit more of detail as to how you retouched Gimli's paintjob? Those eyes feel particularly lifelike!
Thanks for sharing buddy.
m.

For those of you who still hunting and trying to get Gimli figure (as me before), keep eye on official Asmus web store. Just recently (4-7 days) he was available. I ordered two. 👍

Sadly this guy is out of stock everywhere and the eBay prices are ridiculous...

Only Gimli ever.

Raymond, as you did with your Boromir, you just left me astounded with these 2 masterpieces of yours.
Could you, for the Gods' sake, go into a little bit more of detail as to how you retouched Gimli's paintjob? Those eyes feel particularly lifelike!
Thanks for sharing buddy.
m.

Thanks man! I'm assuming you were asking about Gimli but just in case from what I can remember this is what I did to the stock sculpts of both Gimli and Sauraman that I can recall

G: I think I accentuated the lines around his brow line and nose and wrinkles, I believe I added some facial markings too. Forth eyes I probably shaded them a different color with transparent washes or maybe a spot gloss but I don't think I did a full repaint of them

S: I think it was mostly the nose, I heard and reshaped it to have it droop a bit at the tip and then accentuated the shading on the nostrils to emulate the crows nose effect a bit more. I think I also added a few age spots but that was about it.

we are re-stocking it,
please don't go after the investors,
it is not our intention,
we just want to make toys for the fans,
that's it

How soon do you think Asmus? I know that you can?t give an exact date but this year? Sooner? Later? I want to keep resisting the scalpers because I would much prefer to give you guys my money!

How soon do you think Asmus? I know that you can?t give an exact date but this year? Sooner? Later? I want to keep resisting the scalpers because I would much prefer to give you guys my money!

I got Gimli on BBTS. I would check there maybe.

I saw that he was up for ?preorder?a couple of weeks ago...was he in stock?

Still a preorder, says coming in June. I think that means BBTS ordered a shipment from Asmus and waiting for in stock delivery. It?s still up for msrp on BBTS. Can always cancel if Asmus has them in stock before.

Really? That is fantastic news! Hope to see a rooted Legolas in the coming years. :clap

Back