Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus has the 10 Gimlis on sale for $150! Great price but sadly I already have mine. Congrats to any that he’d out and get this deal. If I had waited until this week to get Thorin, Bilbo and Gimli I could have saved a decent amount of cash.

Yeah. Although IMO these figs are so well done, with so many accessories, they're figs I feel are worth retail, if not more. When I think about the costume research, testing, more testing, production, and getting that all done for about ~200$.:clap Scaling and developing dwarf and hobbit bodies OMG.

Also these are limited runs and don't think anything like these will be made again. Maybe cheaper in blobby all-vinyl; or more expensive which doesn't guarantee good sculpts anyway.

(Iron Studios with its stunning poly statues is another company I definitely feel I get my moneys worth.:clap)

Kinda surprised ASMUS did those sales but warehouse/storage space is expensive. Anyway for me the question would be "In theory, if I saved $150 with Thorin, Bilbo, and Gimli, would I rather have the $150 or not have the figures at all:(?"

For me the answer is a resounding "NO!!!!! Oh, **** NO!!!" Not that I'm rich:(:( but if I had to choose there's a few pricier HTs I have that I'd trade for these. Heck, I got a few HTs in this year and was thinkin' why HT is cutting corners, apparently (like Hela not having an extra head sculpt and also her back zipper can't unzip 'coz HT just stitched it together *cheap*).

*Shrug* sometimes u win re sales etc. But I'm keeping my Thorin #2 and Bilbo #2 POs, full price - looking forward to them too!:cool: Meanwhile my best HT purchases this year, dollar for dollar, seemed to be older Ultron figs:slap.

Definently. I feel that so far all the money I have spent on Asmus Lord of the Rings has been worth it. I am hoping this line goes on for a long time.

Asmus has the 10 Gimlis on sale for $150! Great price but sadly I already have mine. Congrats to any that he’d out and get this deal. If I had waited until this week to get Thorin, Bilbo and Gimli I could have saved a decent amount of cash.

Where's this at?

thanks for the tip about heating the axe holder! I swear did they even check the figures before sending it out

I’m very late to the LOTR Asmus Party
But I just got Gimli and it is simply amazing!!!
Just realized how long ago we were discussing the custom Gimli thread, I still have my kitbash but man!! Asmus did great work here!!!
Now I’m catching up to complete my Asmus Fellowship... Aragorn and Gandalf are elusive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, Kuzeh. Gimli has a definite chance at Figure of the year. Excellent design, all around, by Asmus.

They continue to improve, for the most part, with every subsequent release.

I’m very late to the LOTR Asmus Party
But I just got Gimli and it is simply amazing!!!
Just realized how long ago we were discussing the custom Gimli thread, I still have my kitbash but man!! Asmus did great work here!!!
Now I’m catching up to complete my Asmus Fellowship... Aragorn and Gandalf are elusive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure. Congrats:)! Not very often I get 2 figs just 'coz they are SO good. Hopefully ASMUS will consider some re-releases tho I think they are planning an upgraded Gandalf. I'd go for another Gandalf even tho I'm pretty happy with my GTG.

thanks for the tip about heating the axe holder! I swear did they even check the figures before sending it out
I think they did. It's just one of those things - they checked whether the handle would fit but didn't account for the width of the handle end cap. I've screwed up like that measuring/cutting boards etc:slap. IMO if that's the worst thing about this fig for me it's not an issue, really. Having a new fig with weak ankles or a lower leg that keeps slipping the joint is worse IMO.

Both Gimli and Thorin stand strong, great sculpts and costumes, and can hold diecast weapons without falling over. IMO amazing job by ASMUS!!!:clap

Gimli6.jpg The trees are no friends of Gimli.

Back