Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to choose two people to take a definitive opinion from on matters on this board...it's FlyAndFight and Wor-Gar. FlyAndFight mentioned how great this figure was previously, so I've been meaning to get it. Glad I got one before it sold out.

If anyone is debating it, I would grab that last one off their sight. Can't imagine there will be another Gimli anytime in the near future.

Thank you so much, RandomHero. I am quite flattered and honored by your words. :duff

I just checked and BBTS is still on pre-order for Gimli...which they've shown since December. I'm guessing they have a bit of stock coming in from Asmus and that will probably be the end of the run for this figure.

What do you mean "updated"? There are two versions of Gimli?
Yeah on Asmus site they had updated Gimli's chainmail it's ok articulation wise but it's pretty ugly otherwise. I have it as that's where I got him.

Here is Gimli with the new chainmail. 20210317_165131.jpg

So is there confirmation anywhere by Asmus that they did, indeed, update/improve the chain mail?
This is the first I’m hearing about it. Seems odd they would make a running change and not mention it somewhere.

So is there confirmation anywhere by Asmus that they did, indeed, update/improve the chain mail?
This is the first I’m hearing about it. Seems odd they would make a running change and not mention it somewhere.

Well, if they did, it would have happened a while after this fig was out; and I can't tell from the pic but it may have been a material switch?

Then there are folks like me who don't care (I own 2 Gimlis) ; so maybe if ASMUS changed production at all it wasn't something to make a big deal about.

For me - if I am really gonna fuss with chain mail, it will be all in - with working with tiny tiny links for a custom - and don't have the time right now (like the custom in the Eowyn thread)

I own 2 Gimlis as well; had I known there was a version with improved chain mail, I would’ve sold one of my two and purchased the updated version. It’s a sickness, I know.

I own 2 Gimlis as well; had I known there was a version with improved chain mail, I would?ve sold one of my two and purchased the updated version. It?s a sickness, I know.

Safe space here tho.:cool:

We get it. I mean, I just spent $$$$ to source extra knives for my Mando V1, just 'coz IT BUGGED THE *&^% OUT OF ME that the vibro blade wasn't included.

Meanwhile, whenever I get time, I swear I'm gonna do a BOFA version of Thorin which involves many many many tiny diamond-shaped links:horror for the chain mail which will have to be hand done; I've never seen links shaped like that and not that small.

Best thought for a fast Gimli is to stalk the 'bay for a different maille shirt, and cut down if needed.

I just pre ordered gimli on big bad toy store, says expected March 2021. Do you really think they will get some new stock? Will it be this upgraded one people are talking about?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I don’t think anyone has proven there are two versions of Gimli yet but if I to assume any that were produced with the re-release would have any improvements.

So uh.............................

Now that Legolas has been announced, what's the uh....................

Chances we might get a Gimli rerelease for us stupid idiots that skipped out? Can't have peanut butter without jelly and what not....

So uh.............................

Now that Legolas has been announced, what's the uh....................

Chances we might get a Gimli rerelease for us stupid idiots that skipped out? Can't have peanut butter without jelly and what not....

I'm sure it will likely happen for those that missed him and/or want an extra for their HD display. I have one in my Fellowship display, but I'd buy a second one to go with HD Aragorn and Leggy.

I doubt there's anything they could add to a Helms Deep Gimili that would warrant an all new version (the original comes with pretty much everything you'd want) but yeah, I would bet they'll probably do another run of Gimlis once Legolas is out there. They'd be foolish not to.

I suppose they could add a dio piece, but folks would be pretty steamed if they didn't also sell that dio piece separately for those who already have him.

Back