Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks FANTASTIC!

Holding off on the pre-order, though. Waiting to see what else he comes with and whether he'll be available through Sideshow. (I'll really need that FlexPay system for something this pricey.) Also, waiting to see how they'll be handling the "head-only" option.

But I'm DEFINITELY in on an upgrade or a double-dip.

Looks great so far. I think the effort is in the headsculpt, better likeness, paint, natural hair glued by hand, and movable eyes. Not sure if the "crown" features will go beyond that, but let's hope we'll get something more. :)

That is a bold move. 350 is a lot. Let's hope it's not "just" rooted hair beacause at this pricepoint I'll expect a deluxe product.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

D28B87B6-13DC-405D-81E4-70BEC3A894E8.jpg

Thank god I started a new part-time job using my master’s degree...

:slap

Woot, got my preorder in. Pricey but it completes the Fellowship of the Ring collection for me.

Ordered. It was exactly the price I was expecting, and I think it is fair if it really comes with the quality shown.

Please also understand this is going to be a long fight, we will need to take a much longer production time to make, we will set up an exclusive production line focusing only on glue the beard and hair.

this is going to be a very tough challenge for sure.

So, please bear with us on the price and production time.

We will have a plan for those in this forum (will be a majority) who owns a previous Gandalf to purchase a new head,
we will try to keep it under $50 USD(?),
however, the complexity of bring such a difficult technique to the production is very difficult to calculate at this point, so the price is NOT sure yet.

Please also understand this is going to be a long fight, we will need to take a much longer production time to make, we will set up an exclusive production line focusing only on glue the beard and hair.

We will have a plan for those in this forum (will be a majority) who owns a previous Gandalf to purchase a new head,
however, the complexity of bring such a difficult technique to the production is very difficult to calculate at this point, so the price is NOT sure yet.

What’s the estimated release on this?

Got my order in too, couldn’t resist. I think the cost is reasonable especially if the quality is like the prototype.

I have been buying / supporting Asmus since the beginning of this Lord of the Rings journey, and I appreciate the fact that they continue to improve the line. I look forward to seeing what else they have up their sleeve.

Yes we will. Please wait until we do a full announcement.

That’s awesome news, and completely understandable. Thank you so much for continuing to provide not just great product, but awesome customer service.

I have the first GtG and would be interested in a new head for sure.

Another question for pre order people: will he have the same equipment than ols GtG or sth else?

Thanks. I do understand the complexities of the effort.

Even though I have the first release I Pre-Ordered this full figure! Thank you Asmus! Cant wait for this!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back