Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! The fact that they are going the route of professional customizers who charge hundreds for hair jobs alone by using Tibetan lamb and applying the hair via glue is absolutely mind blowing! Well done Asmus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre ordered. Wanted one LOTR character to represent the best trilogy ever! Never owned an Asmus figure, hoping this turns out great!

I had to pre-order it looks really great.
I hope you get a little extra (accessory-wise) for your money though, considering the price hike.
Looking forward to more pics/details soon!

I have the first release and love him and I preordered the new Crown series too....just too good to pass up plus you can never have enough Gandalf’s

Well, at least its not $400 :lol

Looks great but is that all the pictures, just the three? Am I missing anything? The hairing looks fantastic but I'd like to see the outfit and the gear as well to see what other upgrades we have for the Crown Series.

I guess the contracts came back signed then. Congratulations, Asmus! You definitely deserve the LOTR/Hobbit license.

...We will have a plan for those in this forum (will be a majority) who owns a previous Gandalf to purchase a new head,
we will try to keep it under $50 USD(?),
however, the complexity of bring such a difficult technique to the production is very difficult to calculate at this point, so the price is NOT sure yet.

Thanks for that! Personally, even if the head went to $100, a ‘head-only’ option would be greatly appreciated! I just hope those of us who didn’t buy from Asmus directly can still take advantage of that offer!

The new head looks amazing! I just hope that expensive new hair stays in place when removing or adding Gandalf’s hat.

I look forward to the full announcement! I am super excited!

26.jpg

All new hands too
and a new base.
That is all I know at moment

Oh this is a tease. I thought this was the announcement... no wonder there's so few pics. Also thought it odd to announce on Saturday. :lol

Thanks for the sneak, Asmus!

He’s holding the journal in that pic. Oh man, new hands, new accessories — it looks like buying a whole new figure is going to be the only option, unless they include that stuff in the head sculpt expansion pack.

He’s holding the journal in that pic. Oh man, new hands, new accessories — it looks like buying a whole new figure is going to be the only option, unless they include that stuff in the head sculpt expansion pack.

It’s unrealistic to expect that Asmus would offer accessories along with the head sculpt. I’m stoked just to be able to get the head separately - but tbh it’d seem that the whole figure set is an all-round step up in quality on the previous release and if the final promo pics look as good as the teasers I’ll find it hard to resist stumping up for the whole thing.

Back