Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have yet decided, but it is likely to be very limited at this point.

Thank you for the response. I was wondering whether I should pre-order from the website or wait. I'm generally not a fan of figure sales that are exclusive to a manufacturer's website (I knocked Threezero for doing that in another thread), but I would understand the reasoning for making the Crown line an Asmus store exclusive since this isn't just adding a few extra accessories like Threezero used to do, but a time-consuming production process that's more artistically oriented.

:pray:

This is what I'd like to know, as well. I could really use Sideshow's FlexPayment plan on this one.

Flex pay is a great option and one of the few reasons I still buy directly from Sideshow. It's nice to spread payments out and--for me and my budgeting--to know exactly how much you'll be charged and when. That is, unless multiple figures are delayed extensively past their expected release dates and start to bunch up and all final payments come at once.

If you have the self-control, you could budget for every figure by putting some money aside each month leading up to release and earmark that savings specifically for each figure you buy. For instance, if you need $330 for Gandalf by Q4 2019, start putting $55 aside each month for it and don't touch that money. That way you'll be able to pay the full balance when the figure is released and you won't give your money to merchants to hold onto interest-free for who knows how long. I haven't done that myself due to my tendency to impulse-buy, but I need to start doing that because then I'm not beholden to merchants that offer flex pay options and I can also hang onto my money (and make interest on it) until the balance for the figure is due. You also won't feel compelled to put purchases on a credit card (if you really want something and don't have the money right then) in which case you might have to make interest payments on your credit card and spend more than you otherwise would have if you practiced a little proactive saving.

With figure prices the way they are and are currently heading, budgeting is critical to keep up with this hobby regardless of whether you just dabble.

Great if the production can match the prototype. I'm in for sure for better quality and I appreciate all the efforts Asmus can put into this line.
:)

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

This looks PHENOMENAL!

Got my 2 PO's in! Can't wait!

ASMUS...
IMG_5248.jpg
IMG_5250.jpg
IMG_5251.jpg

Back