Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Witch King mocks her... He can not be killed by any man. Well you all know the line. Sans helmet she gathers what strength she has. Lucky for her, a small Halfling with magic dagger lurks nearby (said Hobbit is not currently in my lineup though so just imagine that part)

IMG_4524.jpg
20160619_144213.jpg
20160619_144154_HDR.jpg
IMG_4534.jpg
20160619_144444_HDR.jpg
IMG_4530.jpg

I had a lot of fun with this, filled nearly an entire afternoon. To me that is what this hobby is all about and while Asmus has had some issues with figures, I have to say, I really love all of them in my collection and they have only been improving. These two are great to pose and play with to say the least.

Here is my final pose with Eowyn and how she went back in the cabinet for now:

20160619_145113_HDR.jpg
IMG_4535.jpg
IMG_4537.jpg
IMG_4536.jpg

I had a lot of fun with this, filled nearly an entire afternoon. To me that is what this hobby is all about and while Asmus has had some issues with figures, I have to say, I really love all of them in my collection and they have only been improving. These two are great to pose and play with to say the least.

Here is my final pose with Eowyn and how she went back in the cabinet for now:

I'm with you 100%! The fun factor with these figures is exactly where it should be. And, if you are a customizer, there is a lot to work with here!

Great poses and thanks for sharing! :clap

Those are awesome pics!!!

Love this one
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=271592&d=1466456567

Really shows the contrasting heights

Thanks!

There is also a bit of forced perspective going on there.. I was using a combination of cell phone and DSLR and that is definitely one of the DSLR shots, the wide angle makes him look even bigger. He looks cool standing on the shelf but looks even better when he is "doing something". In retrospect, he was a cool character to kick off their line with.

"Playing" is what action figure is all about
it is also the biggest difference between statues and action figures.

So happy to see someone have fun with it!

In retrospect, he was a cool character to kick off their line with.

Yeah it was a very bold and strong offering right out the gate. I'm sure that move is part of what has folks hanging on despite all the issues. Glad is getting better and can't wait for more!

If they were to make a version of her wearing one of her (many, amazing) dresses I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Same goes for Galadriel and Arwen.

It's so hard to find figures of those three characters that are a) not ugly and b) true to the appearance of the actress. I ended up buying the Barbie versions of Galadriel and Arwen, which look nothing like the actresses' faces but the costumes are on point.

I know the likelihood of them being made is next to nothing (because with their long hair and elaborate dresses they're too much like ~dolls~ oh no), but I can still hope.

For people who have this figure, how do you like it? Are you happy with how it looks?

One of the main reasons I created an account here was because, even though I was already just starting to collect Hot Toys Marvel and Star Wars figures, when I found out about Asmus, I wanted to start collecting their LOTR figures. I have such a passion for LOTR, so finding sixth scale figures was like a dream come true. I was going to order Gandalf the Grey from Sideshow and Eowyn directly from Asmus and have that serve as the start of my line (while anxiously awaiting for Boromir, Faramir, Eomer, Thranduil, Legolas and Elrond), but I just find myself disappointed with the Gandalf.

Now, I'm normally one of the people who think complaining about minor details in a sculpt like eyes and nose is silly as long as it's pretty close, but I don't know why the Gandalf bothers me so much. As such, I'm doubting myself purchasing Eowyn and hoping for a good LOTR line. Can anyone comment on how they like their Eowyn and if she's worth picking up?

I lover her. Go back two pages or to post #638 and you can see my photo shoot I did with her versus the Witch King.

Asmus figures have been steadily improving but they have been pretty divisive from fan to fan. So far I am really happy with all of mine but I do have a few complaints with my Nazghul even with the body swap, still glad I have him and steed.

1/6 LOTR is what brought me into this scale way back when Sideshow started it. These are leaps and bounds ahead of the old figures in my opinion. For the most part Asmus has improved upon each release with bodies, sculpts and paint getting better. In my opinion all of their Lord of the Rings and Hobbit figures are worth getting. Eowyn has some pros and some cons to her. Some of the plastic on the armor and belt feels like it could melt or become sticky but so far it hasn't on mine. Also her hair can get kind of messy and make her seem more doll-like than the other figures but overall I have really enjoyed the figure. If the hair really bothers you there is always the option of displaying her with the helmet on. The extra base is neat and so is the broken shield. If you get her and the Witch King you can make a pretty cool setup with just the two of them.

Just wanted to post some pics of the famous stabbing pose. Had her like this until recently when I moved her into a new cabinet. Now she has her helmet back on and is in the moment just before this scene!
P1050912.JPGP1050905.jpg
eowynstabswk.gif

If Eowyn had looked like yours out of the box, sure I would have bought her !!! Huge improvement compared to the original !!
:)

Back