Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten nothing since...hopefully a DELIVERY is in the short future....as you, fingers crossed:)

Got mine in the mail today! Thanks Urban Samurai...renewed my faith! Looks like a great new body!

Got mine in the mail today! Thanks Urban Samurai...renewed my faith! Looks like a great new body!

really appreciate all the dealers and buyers who is welling to go through this trouble to help us righting our mistakes.

It would be awesome to have a display of the entire company on one shelf and the fellowship on another. It would cost over $4,500 so hopefully if they do it they spread it out over many years. By that time Warner Brothers will figure out how to do an Aragorn and Legolas movie to bridge the gap and divide all of us fans of the books and movies. The Hobbit made too much money for them not to try to squeeze more out of Tolkien.

Don't know that this will happen, last I heard the family was unhappy with how things we going and pulled the rights to any more films. They'd need to throw a lot of money into the pot to bring them back again.

My understanding is that Tolkien had sold the rights to Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit in his lifetime. That is the only reason we have these movies. From my understanding the Tolkien Estate is against his works being turned into movies on principal so they will not sell the rights to other books. Warner Bros could try to make a few more movies loosely based on what is in the appendices but that is it.

It doesn't help that the Tolkien Estate wasn't pleased with the changes PJ made Lord of the Rings, which are widely considered to be great films. Can you imagine how much harder it would be to get the rights to the other books now that The Hobbit movies were made the way they were?

My understanding is that Tolkien had sold the rights to Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit in his lifetime. That is the only reason we have these movies. From my understanding the Tolkien Estate is against his works being turned into movies on principal so they will not sell the rights to other books. Warner Bros could try to make a few more movies loosely based on what is in the appendices but that is it.

Too bad. I say put a copy of The Silmarillion into Inarritu's mits and let's roll. But...I would gladly watch a 3.5 hour slow burner of The Hunt for Smeagol with Viggo and Mckellen. I'd watch that all day. Sucks that Jackson's Hobbit burned what little bridge there was, if that's the case.

Too bad. I say put a copy of The Silmarillion into Inarritu's mits and let's roll. But...I would gladly watch a 3.5 hour slow burner of The Hunt for Smeagol with Viggo and Mckellen. I'd watch that all day. Sucks that Jackson's Hobbit burned what little bridge there was, if that's the case.

It was not anything to do with The Hobbit, his son didn't like LOTR either. The Silmarillion is completely off limits, hence why the other Istari will never be mentioned even in the extended editions, they are not allowed to touch anything not contained in the trilogy/Hobbit/appendices which the rights were sold for long ago.

Its too bad but it isn't going to change apparently...

There won't be any more. The family hate the movies and the only reason they were made is because J.R.R. sold the rights to LOTR and The Hobbit assuming no one would ever tackle it. There are even rumours that a member of the Tolkien family was disowned because of his support for the film projects, though they've denied that and there's no real proof.

Anything that's in any other Tolkien works is off bounds. That's why in An Unexpected Journey Gandalf says that he can't remember the names of the other two wizards even though he'd probably be able to remember that their names were Alatar and Pallando.

The Silmarillion would make a pretty interesting TV series though. It's too segmented to be a film in any form, but I think it'd work quite well as a TV serial. It'd be pretty out there and weird compared to the six movies though. :lol

a shame to hear that there are no rights left. i assumed the silmarilian was open to becoming a film, i think they could flesh out the smaller stories of that book and do an anthology trilogy for more films.

oh well.

Only his son Chris is objecting. The grandson was in LotR someplace. I don't remember where though.

Back