Action Figure HALO 1/12 & 1/18 scale figures by Wicked Cool Toys.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
I looked and couldn't find a thread on the Wicked Cool Toys aka Jazwares figures. Decided to included both the 1/12 Spartan Collection and 4" World of Halo figures and vehicles here.

I managed to pick up three of the 1/12 Spartans over the past month; Master Chief, the MK V Spartan in white armor, and Kat. These looked great from pictures and they're scaled about right for Star Wars Black Series or Marvel Legends. All depending on how much scale matters to you; they're bigger than ML, but might be too big for SW Black depending on how big you think Spartans should be compared to regular humans which fluctuates in game.
But man do these figures have issues..
Most of the joints on Kat, and Master Chief from the waist up are loose. Some are so loose they can't hold up a weapon like the right wrist on my Master Chief. The MK V I got yesterday is a bit better but not by much. The ankle rotation and toe articulation is loose on all three. The knee joints on all three look like crap when bent. The center knee portion is too long and doesn't look natural.
The paint is acceptable in most cases but the visors on Kat and MC had excess sprues so when they pushed them into place on the heads, the excess sprue marred the plastic a little. I've seen two other Kats with the same problem sprue on the pegs and one red MK VII with it too, but three MK VII had no issues and one Kat looked like it also did not have the issue so it's a roll of the dice.
The hands on Kat are too small and her weapons can't be held by the other two very well (small grips). The hands also have issues, the gun hands hinge horizontally rather than vertically as they should for weapon grip hands, and there's no proper rifle foregrip hands. The weapons look about right except I think the battle rifle that comes with Master Chief is a bit too thin looking. The weapon grips also are too thin on most except for the Covenant Plasma Pistol that comes with the MK V Spartan and the Sidekick Pistol that comes with MC.
Then there's the flip around thigh pieces to hold accessories. MC's are sculpted poorly and fall out of his hips if turned around. Kat and the MK V don't fall out as easily unless they have a weapon attached, then they fall out all the time and the weapons fall off too.

The worst figure I have so far is Master Chief. The arms can not straitened, they're sculpted in a permanent bend at the elbows. This is just MC, the other two figures can have straight arms. The torso has no range of articulation at all. I've tried pushing it far enough to get the torso to pop apart. The right hands for MC will not stay in socket much at all. The butterfly shoulder joints don't offer much range, and the arms have a difficult time holding a rifle two handed. Sucks that the main character from the game is so poorly done.

Another issue I've had is the left legs on both Kat and the MK V pop out of socket at the hip. The other leg stays in place for the MK V, less so on Kat. They can be popped back in, but if you turn them the sculpt of the armor interferes with the rear end and they pop out.
And the extra unmasked head for Kat looks terrible. The sculpt is very malformed with the left side sunken in. This is present on all the Kat figures I've looked at on the pegs. The paint on the headsculpt looks extremely fake and toy like. Not much realism at all.

At least they look good just standing there in museum poses with the helmets on. The scale is really good, Master Chief towers over them all. The sculpt looks good. The vac-chromed visors look fantastic. And they attempted to give us a variety of hands, as useful as they may be. So there's a lot of promise in the line but they need to fix some major issues for series 2 or there won't be a series 3.

I don't own any of the 4" figures and vehicles so I'm curious what those that have them think of how they turned out.

Last edited:
I have the 4? Master Chief, not bad for the price (?10), knees look a bit weird but joints are nice and stiff with decent articulation.

I have the Warthog with MC driving and 2 UNSC Marines in the turret and passenger seat next to my XSX. I also picked up the Mongoose and set of 1/12 figures. I love the packaging on the 1/12 figures so I'm keeping those in the box.

I have the first 2 waves of the Spartan Collection figures. Wave 3 has shown up on eBay but I can't find any website that even lists them for pre-order.

Back