Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's only $159.95 at Animarket. However, Animarket requires a deposit and the shipping charges from Animarket (at least to the US) bring the cost up to around the base price at BBTS (shipping with a Pile of Loot would probably keep the price difference to less than $10 shipped). You'll probably get her faster on release though.

Yep, BBTS will have figured that out and maximized their profit without risking lost sales to lower priced overseas vendors. I can live with $10 one way or the other. It's when it gets to $20 or so that I start to feel I should take advantage of the savings because 6-10 of those savings can pay for a full figure.

Crap, that is an incredible looking figure. I recently decided to get out of LOTR 1/6... just keep a few. But damned if this isn't a very tempting figure.

The hair looks a tad too blonde to me, not that it matters since most would display her with the helmet on.... I was wanting to collect this line but life changes are forcing me to cut rather than collect, which is to bad because this would look AMAZING with the Witch King.

Yeah, that'd be my only nit as well... but I'd also opt for the helmet so not a major issue. And I could always replace the hair with the lambs fur.

Preordered as well. Surprised to see this at $189.99 actually. I had guessed it would be more in the $159-$169 range since she should be on the smaller side. But I guess things like the rooted hair and two shields and wearable helmet have pushed the price into Gandalf territory.

Remember they said they had bought their own base body for the male figures. I am guessing that is not the case with the female so there is probably some cost added in for that. Also based on Asmus' comments I don't think they anticipate there beign a huge demand for her which also might have added to the price if they made fewer.

Remember they said they had bought their own base body for the male figures. I am guessing that is not the case with the female so there is probably some cost added in for that. Also based on Asmus' comments I don't think they anticipate there beign a huge demand for her which also might have added to the price if they made fewer.

That's very true too, didn't think about that.

Asmus, if you're reading (I know you are), could you share with us the amount of units made for Eowyn? The edition size?

I'll add my cheers to the chorus ... she looks great! :clap

Well done, Asmus! And such fast turn-around!

If you darken the hair and ever so slightly reduce the size of her irises, this would be just about DEAD ON.

Seriously, bravo.

Could you tell us what body you'll be using for this figure?

Urban Samurai has it at 162 bucks.

That's a good price, plus only $7.95 shipping. That's $170 shipped w/in US. There's that $20 I was talking about. Hmmmm....

But Urban Samurai didn't get Guritz. Does anyone know how quickly they receive these figures? For instance, BBTS is generally very slow but they have great customer service and fantastic shipping methods to protect your box.

This seems to be the new price range for licensed figures - Star Ace Harry Potter is in the same ballpark and is also a Warner Bros. license.

Whoops -- just checking the Urban Samurai check-out process and I see there's a GST (goods and services tax) of $8.10. So now it's really just a $10 spread between them and BBTS. Not enough to warrant my defection.

Ordered through bbts, they've been far to reliable for me to switch someplace else for 10$. Looking forward to my first figure from asmus.

Ordered through bbts, they've been far to reliable for me to switch someplace else for 10$. Looking forward to my first figure from asmus.

That's my thinking too.

Although I did forget shipping on BBTS' part. Which again bumps their price back into the $20 something spread between them and Urban Samurai.

I forget, does BBTS give you any points or anything on purchases?

asmus_eowyn%20(6).jpg

Eowyn Promo.jpg

To me, the eyes look a little off with the paint app. She doesn't really have any eye makeup on when she's in her armor and there appears to be more distance between her eye and her eyebrow (though that may be fine with less eye makeup). I think her eyebrows are less well-defined close to her nose and maybe don't curve down as much, too. But it's hard to tell for certain based on the reference images I've looked at.

Just my 2 cents.

Whoops -- just checking the Urban Samurai check-out process and I see there's a GST (goods and services tax) of $8.10. So now it's really just a $10 spread between them and BBTS. Not enough to warrant my defection.
Hmm, I'll have to check into that.

ETA I don't know when that gets added in. My paypal account shows 169.94.

Yeah, like I said above, I forgot shipping, so we're back to a $20 spread between Urban and BBTS.

But I'm not familiar with Urban at all; don't know the experience. Is it good? Do you recommend?

Yeah, like I said above, I forgot shipping, so we're back to a $20 spread between Urban and BBTS.

But I'm not familiar with Urban at all; don't know the experience. Is it good? Do you recommend?
It's my first order with them but I've always heard good things about them. I can't remember the exact price but when the horse/Nazgul came up they had it priced like 240 or 250 at first. I thought it had to be a mistake so I waited. Found out too late that they were pricing it special for the first so many orders.

BBTS was very fair with the first LOTR figure, I think they even reduced the price in a correction (never seen that before). So they won my business.

However, they have not been so generous since then and instead I see their LOTR pricing about $10-$20 higher than everyone else. Their Nazgul+Steed is $300. So I may start looking for a new relationship with a better priced dealer.

Looks like the armor needs to be more fitted based on the above promo shot of Miranda in costume. Tightening the belt or futzing will probably do it. Agree on the eye makeup.

Last edited:
BBTS was very fair with the first LOTR figure, I think they even reduced the price in a correction (never seen that before). So they won my business.

However, they have not been so generous since then and instead I see their LOTR pricing about $10-$20 higher than everyone else. Their Nazgul+Steed is $300. So I may start looking for a new relationship with a better priced dealer.
I'm not going to pretend to know what it takes to run an online business. I'm sure there are all sorts of pains they have to deal with. I just know that I've seen these figures at several different dealers 10 to 20 dollars or more less. I'll save the money when I can.

Back