Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the mogul lord must have sold pretty well. He is not to be found anywhere.
I was already inclined to get Eowyn, and this update for the Witch King is glorious. Also, I think its fair that you can buy the body by itself if you don´t want Eowyn.

I think the mogul lord must have sold pretty well. He is not to be found anywhere.

Just because its sold out doesn't tell you how many units sold. Could just mean that retailers only bought a few units to sell. It is possible that Asmus could not find retailer support to unload all 2,000 units of Morgul Lord. If you keep track of the edition sizes you can get a good idea how well LOTR 1/6th actually sells.

Just because its sold out doesn't tell you how many units sold. Could just mean that retailers only bought a few units to sell. It is possible that Asmus could not find retailer support to unload all 2,000 units of Morgul Lord. If you keep track of the edition sizes you can get a good idea how well LOTR 1/6th actually sells.

I've seen a lot of people here in Brazil interested in LOTR collectibles, but its just that most stores here don't have it, so we have to import it ourselves.
Weta has a reputation for being too expensive, and sideshow PF aren´t for everyone ,I think Asmus has a nice niche now

I doubt very much that they sold 2,000 Morgul Lords. That was Asmus' first figure and they've learned alot about the market from that. They dropped Gandalf down to 1,000 pieces. Gandalf. And they mentioned doing something new with their Morgul Lord so my guess is they have many left-over pieces -- enough to do some small surprise run -- either a 2.0 will be offered or some variant (a crumpled Morgul Lord? :lol)

That said, I do believe people that got Morgul Lord should have an opportunity to get the promised replacement body thru some venue (beyond Eowyn) with proof of purchase.

They may not have sold the full 2000 but that was the edition size according to Asmus.

Yes,
I don't see any reason to keep it a secret.

WK = 2000
Gothmog = 900
Gandalf = 1000

And we do not make re-run for any of our products,
it is one of our principle.

And since most places are currently sold out of the WK, they must have sold WAY more than the 500 black bodies they are offering with Eowyn.

Don't get me wrong, I think that it's AMAZING that Asmus is offering to do this. Hot Toys would NEVER be so generous. They turned a blind eye on the problems with their Hellboy and Comedian figures (both of which I own). I'm just disappointed that I will not be able to benefit from their generosity.

I'm well aware of the edition sizes as I've been the one asking and keeping track. That was my point with the drop to 1,000 for a much more significant character (Gandalf the White). I believe that would indicate that they got stuck with a lot of Witchkings and that's why they will be offering another version (the leftovers) even though in your post they say they won't do re-runs so I guess a straight 2.0 is out.

In any event, I doubt there are that many people who got WitchKing who will not get Eowyn given the small community they are servicing (somewhere between 500-1,000 customers at the moment). Hopefully they can help the few out who bought WK and don't want Eowyn. Like I said above.

Last edited:
I'm one of the ones who got the witch king, and will likely pass on Eowwn as well. She's neet, but Dolly hair means she is almost an automatic pass. PLUSS< I've been focusing more when it comes to my collection. don't really need her. DO hope they offer the body separately. if not, i'll liklely just grab a spare vader body.

It is more than HT has ever done.

Although it does bring to mind Hot Toys in the early days (2007-2008) when everyone clamored for a Ripley figure to be added to the power loader, and HT finally did add her and with no extra charge.

True. HT did add Ripley to the Power Loader, but I think that was as much in their interest as it was in ours. As I recall, the stand-alone Ripley figure had long since sold out at that point. So they stood to sell more Power Loaders if they included more Ripleys. (I was one of those folks who missed out on Ripley initially and wasn't going to buy the PL ... until they added the figure. Still one of my favorite pieces.

Does anybody know a Canadian retailer besides UrbanSamurai (they're already sold out) that carries this?

Back