Asmus Toys: Eomer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap! Now there’s an Eomer worthy of the crown. Some decent paint is what both he and a Theoden are missing to bring out the vibrant leathery texture of their armour. So how does one source chainmail that tiny?

Holy crap! Now there’s an Eomer worthy of the crown. Some decent paint is what both he and a Theoden are missing to bring out the vibrant leathery texture of their armour. So how does one source chainmail that tiny?

Some third party figs you can source off, but u need to watch scale. Sometimes women purses or accessories use tiny chain mail u can cut up. Make ur own from bulk chain online craft/jewelry stores/ebay. Still need to be careful of scale diameter of rings.

That looks fantastic. Amazing job, all around.

My only nit would be that the top of the head looks a little flat. Perhaps adding just a little more hair would have changed that look.

I customized my Eomer. I cut the armor skirt to make it more thin, repainted the whole armor (slightly more red, black weathering, two layers of Pledge then brushed) gave him real chainmail, had a subbtle repaint of the beard/moustache. The rehair is not my work. It's stunning how a good rehair can make a facial sculpt look much better !
:)

View attachment 487635

View attachment 487636

View attachment 487637

View attachment 487638

this is so great, do you mind I share it ?

Well in all fairness Asmus has to mass produce the thing and bring it in at a price that?s affordable to collectors. I just think it?s great that they are acknowledging this work and wanting to share and celebrate it. I wouldn?t punish them for being so engaged with their fans...

Asmus, here are some high res pics so you can choose wich one you want to share.
:)

IMG_8305.jpg

IMG_8306.jpg

IMG_8308.jpg

IMG_8311.JPEG

IMG_8315.jpg

Got Eomer ordered on Asmustoys for $150! He’s still up if anyone needs him. It’s great that includes shipping and tax too!

Just bought for 150 on the asmus website. Never been a fan of Rohan armor, but this one with the rooted hair, helmet hair as well, spear, looks great. Excited

Just ordered Eomer during this sale. My very first Asmus piece and LoTR 1/6 scale. Excited to get a piece of this line in-hand!

Just ordered Eomer during this sale. My very first Asmus piece and LoTR 1/6 scale. Excited to get a piece of this line in-hand!

Congrats! That's a real bargain for a fig of this detail and quality. U could spend hours just looking at armor details - diecast sword, too.:)

I ordered Theoden from an online toy store that I have been buying from for years and they accidentally sent me Eomer instead of Theoden. I was not planning to purchase Eomer. This proved to be a very happy accident because I fell in love with the figure immediately.
I picked up Theoden shortly after, love that figure too, but like Eomer much more.

I ordered Theoden from an online toy store that I have been buying from for years and they accidentally sent me Eomer instead of Theoden. I was not planning to purchase Eomer. This proved to be a very happy accident because I fell in love with the figure immediately.
I picked up Theoden shortly after, love that figure too, but like Eomer much more.

This happened to my friend in Norway. He ordered Eomer and got Theoden. He didn’t love Theoden and wanted Eomer so exchanged them and he absolutely loves the Eomer figure in his collection. Wonder if it was the same store and he got your Theoden by mistake.

Back