Asmus Toys: Eomer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys: Éomer

Congrats Sass!
He is my first Asmus figure and looks like he won't be the last...

Thank you:)! For sure - ASMUS keeps improving by leaps and bounds - and seems like they ALWAYS fall over themselves doing great costumes - u can tell they really work at what they do. I know everyone is interested in the new Gandalf - but honestly I love my original Gandalf too - no stinting on the costume or accessories!

Eomer is a favorite of mine from LOTR - in looking around the 'net just seems like ASMUS figs are being bought up as folks discover the company and then u get hit with ebay prices:horror. I didn't want to get in THAT boat again $$$ with Eomer.

Like, sometimes I think I can wait on a fig, and then - not. Unless I really want to pay. So I hope ASMUS does opt to re-do Eowyn - I'd love to have her in one of her iconic gowns, like the white dress. My Eomer is due in tomorrow so now I am really looking forward to the unboxing!:impatient:

Gently heat it, it is a type of vinyl material and should soften enough to reshape it. Once your happy, dip in some cold water to harden and set the altered shape. The helm is bent a little from how it sits in the plastic tray, mine came like that too

is it better to have the helm on the head and do this or without?

is it better to have the helm on the head and do this or without?

I'd warm and manipulate stuff separately. U can use strips of cloth or whatever to hold things in place while plastic cools.

And....a few pics right out of the box. Whoo-boy, am I happy with this fig. Again. Pics don't do justice to the finely detailed sculpt w. skin texture and shading. Incredible detailing. OMG.

At this price point - I dunno, ASMUS is just AMAZING. Spectacular fig. Sure, there are the costume nits (lower armor slipped off) and the neck thing. But he didn't cost HT prices either. Really happy I picked him up - another labor of love from ASMUS for sure. I need to do some futzing but I may just display "getting ready for battle". At least for a while.

ASMUS_Eomer1.jpg

ASMUS_Eomer_sword.jpg

^ Great pics and congrats on getting him. :rock He's a really nice figure - I like the way you've posed him holding the sword. :)

^ Great pics and congrats on getting him. :rock He's a really nice figure - I like the way you've posed him holding the sword. :)

Thanx!:) Yeah, for sure I am glad I picked him up, the detail is mind-blowing - front and back. I do kinda like the idea of a "battle prep" scene and anyway it's a shame to hide that tunic, it's so beautifully done. His sword is a little work of art - I got great face paint too. Now I need a cloth Rohan banner and a Firefoot!

Awesome job. You're killing it with the LOTR figures. I was hoping someone would do a proper hairing on him.

Thanks. an Chinese artist have do the work.
Next will be Theoden with hair and beard.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks to all

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I customized my Eomer. I cut the armor skirt to make it more thin, repainted the whole armor (slightly more red, black weathering, two layers of Pledge then brushed) gave him real chainmail, had a subbtle repaint of the beard/moustache. The rehair is not my work. It's stunning how a good rehair can make a facial sculpt look much better !
:)

IMG_8041.JPEG

IMG_8207.JPEG

IMG_8305.JPEG

IMG_8311.JPEG

Back