Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 4: Dante 1:6 Scale Collectible figure (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol

Thanks for that buddy. It's looking good. I do have opinions on the HS, but I'll save that for my vid review.

Yeah, It's a nicely made headsculpt. It's just not quite accurate to how Dante looks. I guess the only way I can say it is, Dante is a bit "prettier" and "suave". The headsculpt seems to lean more towards the dorky side of Dante. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, It's a nicely made headsculpt. It's just not quite accurate to how Dante looks. I guess the only way I can say it is, Dante is a bit "prettier" and "suave". The headsculpt seems to lean more towards the dorky side of Dante. :lol

Yup, you nailed it. Asmus' sculpt isn't "man pretty" enough. They got the smoldering look down, but the nose, lips, and chin/jawline are off.

Edit-I wanted to add one more thing. I haven't come across this before, so I feel like I'm the only one that sees it; I think capcom used Ashton Kutcher as a base to model dantes face in DMC 4. So if the sculpt doesn't look like Ashton...

Yup, you nailed it. Asmus' sculpt isn't "man pretty" enough. They got the smoldering look down, but the nose, lips, and chin/jawline are off.

Edit-I wanted to add one more thing. I haven't come across this before, so I feel like I'm the only one that sees it; I think capcom used Ashton Kutcher as a base to model dantes face in DMC 4. So if the sculpt doesn't look like Ashton...

I can see the Ashton there...but if that's so, I'm glad Asmus Dante is inaccurate then :lol.

Inaccuracies aside, you can still tell who it is. The clothing look ace.

Yeah, I sit here and look at the totality of the figure and I am quite satisfied. I've never been that attuned to Dante's likeness anyway. He's sort of generic handsome just like Nathan Drake, so kind of hard to nail down. I don't think I've seen a company nail a video game likeness in 1:6th yet. Closest is probably HT Arkham bats or Raiden...The Boss was pretty close too...

That last one is a JOOOOOOOOKE

For me, the main issue with the sculpt is the jawline. It's just way too wide. The hair also seems to cast a weird shadow because of how prominent it is. But I don't think that can really be helped. I still plan on getting this. It'll look good next to my Kotobukiya Dante.

Our 4K review with photoshoot at the end. I really like this one, its just a great figure with few restrictions.

if changing the original body for a hot toys or ganghood will it improve the trim of the clothes?

I know a lot of people really don't like the head-sculpt but I'm kind of glad they went the route they did with him vs the more standard "anime pretty boy" look that would have been even more inaccurate but is far more common with 3d interpretations of characters like this. Really really excited to get this in hand soon.

Took a pic of Dante with some fellow super natural hunters. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfwv2-jgz9j/?taken-by=biojexphoto

Awesome!!

Guys I'm sorry I haven't done video review on this guy yet, but I've been super occupied (and addicted to) with monster hunter world. After forcing myself to log off a little earlier today, I was able to mess around with the figure and I gotta say....I CANT WAIT TO DO MY REVIEW.

I'll film it as soon as possible.

Something is off with BBTS these days (maybe since year changed to 2018?)
I have 3-4 items I know that's out and reviewed a while ago. These are Not Hot toys, and I know other US re-sellers got them in stock.
Sometimes $4 flat shipping doesn't look so attractive anymore..

the GangHood Muscular Body 1.0 fit in this figure? i think his shoulders are too thin

Back