ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, the chainmail looked extremely fragile in early pictures, but in hands it is completely different. Brilliant job.

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Low stock on the DX through Asmus direct, for those who want to stay away from the gouging that SS will do between tax and shipping premiums.

Got a charging notice for Aragon for next week from SSC, so guess some things are making it off the boat!

Damn saw this sculpt on FB and had to share. One of the best Viggo sculpts I've ever seen. Hope to see Asmus reach this level some day.

Would love a crown series Aragorn for his fellowship get up.

162352488_380277673298930_4351175487802395549_n.jpg

Damn saw this sculpt on FB and had to share. One of the best Viggo sculpts I've ever seen. Hope to see Asmus reach this level some day.

Would love a crown series Aragorn for his fellowship get up.

162352488_380277673298930_4351175487802395549_n.jpg

I would totally get an Aragorn if it were of this quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday and frankly the headsculpt is pretty bad. Comparing the figure to the box art, he looks as though we should be praying for his speedy recovery.

Anyway I take nothing away from those who are satisfied with their products but I'm glad I only paid for the regular.

Yeah as much as I'd love an Aragorn, I just can't quite bring myself to get this one. Think I'll just have to hope they release a new version of him in the ranger outfit someday.

I got my set in today. IMO it?s a great set. I don?t have it set up yet so no pics yet other than the sculpt. I?ve been a very vocal critic of this sculpt from the start. Happily, IMO again those concerns were unfounded. Of course it is not perfect but it matches up very well with images of Aragorn from Google. I will do a more thorough review another time but this picture looks pretty good to my eyes. Of course make you?re own opinion up.View attachment 503066View attachment 503067

Bumped. Just a comparison between the real and this sculpt. The facial structure is damned close. Look at the cheek bones. The shape of the nose. The way the lips are. The shape of the face. It's not 100% but it's pretty close.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I vaguely recall seeing haired pics of that sculpt making it look much closer to what Aragorn actually looks like. I think the way they're sculpting the hair throws off the whole look, he's got too much material on the top of his head. The forehead is too tall, and the way the sculpt is parted in the middle adds extra height on top of that.

Theoretically, this is one figure that would see great benefit from the Crown treatment ... as long as the eyes are sculpted into the head. :wink1:

That's the thing.
Do I get the deluxe NOW cause I love the dio base?
Or do I pass and await the Black Gates Aragorn which MIGHT be in the Crown Line?
Decisions...

That's the thing.
Do I get the deluxe NOW cause I love the dio base?
Or do I pass and await the Black Gates Aragorn which MIGHT be in the Crown Line?
Decisions...
I sprung and got the Deluxe when it was available from Asmus (I think they're out now) because it was $299 out the door. Sideshow would have added nearly $60 on top of that with their ****ery. In any case, the base is awesome, truly and the spare head is very nice. With that being said, you 100% could sell off either of those parts for a good portion, if not all, the difference in cost between the standard and dlx versions.

But really, the base is worth it. I've paid proportionally more for accessories through part out sites. This one is really cool and truly stands out.

Keyboard warriors said it best, it's not 100% Viggo, but it's undoubtedly Aragorn and it captures that well.

My Aragorn rolled in yesterday - I'd agree. The sculpt just reminds me of what a polystone version of Aragorn would look like, vs. an almost photographic likeness like the HT Jack Sparrow DX or IW Bucky.

Tho this isn't my favorite Middle Earth character and I am more of a Hobbit collector anyway; but, The Two Towers is my favorite LOTR film. I haven't had much time to work with him - just a cell pic pretty much out of the box.

ASMUS_aragorn.jpg

To me, it's Viggo as Aragorn. U know who it is. ASMUS' usual amazing costume details - I need to do some futzing - like wetting down the ties so they hang naturally, and stuff like that. The DX base is HEAVY - solid poly; ASMUS didn't stint.:clap

Overall tho, I'd say if u are a fan of this character and don't pick him up, even without the base, you'll regret later. Looks like the soft vinyl hair wouldn't be too bad to remove and re-hair, if you have talent that way. To me this was a release that was definitely a labor of love - and thankfully there are left and right vambraces, coz that drove me crazy with Faramir:horror. Weirdly I think the small torch accessory is just so cool.:cool:

My Aragorn rolled in yesterday - I'd agree. The sculpt just reminds me of what a polystone version of Aragorn would look like, vs. an almost photographic likeness like the HT Jack Sparrow DX or IW Bucky.

Tho this isn't my favorite Middle Earth character and I am more of a Hobbit collector anyway; but, The Two Towers is my favorite LOTR film. I haven't had much time to work with him - just a cell pic pretty much out of the box.

View attachment 509967

To me, it's Viggo as Aragorn. U know who it is. ASMUS' usual amazing costume details - I need to do some futzing - like wetting down the ties so they hang naturally, and stuff like that. The DX base is HEAVY - solid poly; ASMUS didn't stint.:clap

Overall tho, I'd say if u are a fan of this character and don't pick him up, even without the base, you'll regret later. Looks like the soft vinyl hair wouldn't be too bad to remove and re-hair, if you have talent that way. To me this was a release that was definitely a labor of love - and thankfully there are left and right vambraces, coz that drove me crazy with Faramir:horror. Weirdly I think the small torch accessory is just so cool.:cool:

I agree, as far as I'm concerned this is an extremely good representation of Viggo as Aragorn because the likeness is there.
The only flaw - and it's not even a flaw, actually - is the sculpted hair, for it's too "thick and tidy".
Here you can see a picture of this very figure with root hair, I don't remember where I saved it from. I believe the result is way better, overall.

4HsMFxM.png

I agree, as far as I'm concerned this is an extremely good representation of Viggo as Aragorn because the likeness is there.
The only flaw - and it's not even a flaw, actually - is the sculpted hair, for it's too "thick and tidy".
Here you can see a picture of this very figure with root hair, I don't remember where I saved it from. I believe the result is way better, overall.

4HsMFxM.png
The only flaw is the bloody hands, if he were to have it would be orc blood

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

I tried to find out how much this would be to ship to the UK (as the free shipping is currently suspended) 150USD to ship this through DHL, thats crazy. Its 75USD for the regular version and even thats pretty high.

Back