ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to find out how much this would be to ship to the UK (as the free shipping is currently suspended) 150USD to ship this through DHL, thats crazy. Its 75USD for the regular version and even thats pretty high.
That's crazy! I've shipped boxes of heavy vinyl records for less than that. I'd happily pay extra for Asmus to post them but not at those prices.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's crazy! I've shipped boxes of heavy vinyl records for less than that. I'd happily pay extra for Asmus to post them but not at those prices.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you?re really struggling to wait then you might want to try finding a third party located somewhere that Asmus can ship to to forward the package onwards to you.

I might even ask Kit Chen of OneSixthKit if I were in your shoes. I don?t know exactly how that?d go down but no harm in asking- if you?re an established customer.

I tried to find out how much this would be to ship to the UK (as the free shipping is currently suspended) 150USD to ship this through DHL, thats crazy. Its 75USD for the regular version and even thats pretty high.

May sound crazy, but I've been hit with a few of these DHL charges for packages coming from Japan, as Express to US has been suspended for some time. They know options are limited so they can charge whatever.

After seeing Asmus Toys recent Helms Deep Legolas I'm glad I jumped on this Aragorn. The two will look badass displayed together with their epic Helms Deep Dioramas. Is a Helms Deep Gimli not far off? [emoji848]

Still need to sit down and do his hair mod with real hair yet. PSX_20210416_203715.jpgIMG_20210416_204228_988.jpgIMG_20210416_204229_061.jpgIMG_20210416_204229_024.jpgIMG_20210416_204229_095.jpgIMG_20210416_204229_149.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really wanted to get this figure but the head sculpt just doesn't win me over. Everything else, with the exception of the Uruk-Hai's oversized helmet, is great.

I agree, as far as I'm concerned this is an extremely good representation of Viggo as Aragorn because the likeness is there.
The only flaw - and it's not even a flaw, actually - is the sculpted hair, for it's too "thick and tidy".
Here you can see a picture of this very figure with root hair, I don't remember where I saved it from. I believe the result is way better, overall.

4HsMFxM.png

Dang now I need to find someone who can root the hair anyone know?

After seeing Asmus Toys recent Helms Deep Legolas I'm glad I jumped on this Aragorn. The two will look badass displayed together with their epic Helms Deep Dioramas. Is a Helms Deep Gimli not far off? [emoji848]

Still need to sit down and do his hair mod with real hair yet.View attachment 511124View attachment 511125View attachment 511126View attachment 511127View attachment 511128View attachment 511129

That's not going to help the likeness

I can understand people happen to like a sculpt or dislike it in a way, but damn... I can clearly see Viggo in your pics! Very good :)

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk
It's an ok sculpt. Definitely room for improvement however. But since I'll be getting these custom sculpt done for the characters I'll have one 100% Aragorn sculpt so I can live with a 70-80% sculpt on a secondary display.

I'll probably take some pics with the sculpt ok the Helms Deep version as well. 20210417_044235.jpg

It's an ok sculpt. Definitely room for improvement however. But since I'll be getting these custom sculpt done for the characters I'll have one 100% Aragorn sculpt so I can live with a 70-80% sculpt on a secondary display.

I'll probably take some pics with the sculpt ok the Helms Deep version as well. View attachment 511161

Wow, looking forward to the result!

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

I'll probably take some pics with the sculpt ok the Helms Deep version as well. View attachment 511161

Can?t wait to see these painted up. I saw them on FB but as you?ve shown no hair and unpainted.

ETA I am watching FOTR. You’d be amazed how many times I’ve seen Aragorn and he looks very much like this Asmus release.

Last edited:
I think there's enough of a likeness to Viggo, but I'm just not a fan of how rough and crude the sculpt appears to be. The new Legolas sculpt is so much more refined and realistic in comparison.

Can?t wait to see these finished. I really hope Asmus tackles Sam again. I feel he is their worst sculpt to date.

Can?t wait to see these finished. I really hope Asmus tackles Sam again. I feel he is their worst sculpt to date.
Probably will be a long while before I see these finished. They will be going to Nathan Eakins once he's done with my current set of heads he has at the moment.

Back