ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they say that they are going with "this" sculpt bexause of the negative feedback, but to me it looks like the same sculpt just painted differently. If that's the case, then not much improvement was actually made. Probably already produced those sculpts and need to use them. I dont like relying on "looking better in hand" when buying figures. Its gotta look on point, at this stage of the game. Its 2020 crown style sculpts should be the norm now
Actually I do believe there have been some tweaks on the sculpt, even if minor adjustments. For what I see, now the expression is more accentuated and the face looks sharper than before. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda like it. Even though it's not perfect like the Crown Gandalf, this is the best looking Aragorn out there.

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

yep, here it is.

1028047562.jpg

This is the new sculpt, they painted for both version, this is one was not used for photo shoot though.

IMO looks great; will be even better on my shelf LOL.

Thank you for your hard work - u guys are amazing interacting with community!:clap:clap:clap

This is the new sculpt, they painted for both version, this is one was not used for photo shoot though.

If this is what comes in the box I?ll be happy! Good job on the improvements. Can?t decide to order from sideshow or from you guys direct. All deluxe will be the same no matter where I order with the new sculpt and unknown accessories right?

Thank you, it's much appreciated. Comparing it to screen shots it looks pretty damn good. This is really going to shine with the custom paint jobs collectors get.
1028047562.jpg
3504.jpg
latest

Last edited:
If Asmus happen to read this, is it possible to look at the straps on your scabbard. Here is a picture from tankgirlfuzzy showing how the straps should be:

Seconded on the sword belt fittings. The current ones are not fit for purpose as they are too thin and don't hold the weight of the sword, they flake over time and they are the wrong colour. Please cast them from sturdy brown plastic so they match the belt but the green wraps around the scabbard.

In the old HD Aragorn thread you said (ages ago) these would be correct for this release but they haven't been changed. You've nailed the fittings for Eomer, Theoden and Elrond recently so no excuse for this to be incorrect at this point.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The likeness is there.
I don't understand why some people on Facebook say the head sculpt is nothing like Viggo

Yeah saying its nothing like Viggo is bizarre when the likeness is obvious.

If you just look at the head sculpt pics without any further context you can tell immediately who its supposed to be. Or at least I'm confident the vast majority of people who watched LOTR can.

He's gonna look great on my shelf.

Nice work Asmus! Looking forward to having an Aragorn in my collection. Just wondering if there's a particular month you're hoping for its release? Not to rush, just good to know. :)

The head sculpt looks excellent...as good a 1/6 Aragorn as is possible. It can be nit picked all day but no other 1/6 company could have done better.
Congratulations on a home run Asmus!

Back