Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the sculpted hair, but I think this is one main part of their headsulpts that Asmus can still improve. Not at the Hot Toys level yet but man I can't wait for this.

Really nice to see Asmus improving with each figure. Those pics of Theoden look fantastic. Most likely the prototype but hoping production is close to it.

That photo is the prototype! The Theoden figure we showed at SDCC as well as the Taipei Comic Exhibit is basically the final product look.

F712D8D0-6CF8-4737-8612-848EE2E15A25.jpegDE8AD55D-88B5-4DCA-ACED-C5207AFAD9E3.jpeg43A7353B-40D8-48B6-AD8E-0C8A446B5C51.jpeg

Overall looks great!

I find the hairpiece looks a little odd, and I miss real buckles on the outfit... but everything else looks crisp and wonderful.

Bring Theoden on!

I'll definitely be posing with the helmet on and sword drawn...

"Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! DEATH! Forth, Eorlingas!"

We definitely need an armored Snowmane!

The details are nice; the hair — not so much. Helmet stays on, I guess.

I’m wondering if one were to take a light colored dirt and mix with a little water to make a mud if it could hide that gap a bit? Probably take some experimenting to get color right but once it dries it may improve the appearance. Just a thought.

Bring Theoden on!

I'll definitely be posing with the helmet on and sword drawn...

"Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! DEATH! Forth, Eorlingas!"

We definitely need an armored Snowmane!

I love that speech, in fact the whole Pelennor Fields battle is absolutely my most favourite sequence ever to be committed to film. :rock So epic, I still get chills even now when I watch it. Nothing else has even come close. Just amazing stuff. :)

Back