Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks great... I'm very tempted, but I'm over-budget on pre-orders already for the year! I still may cave in and order though!

Looks great Asmus, congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered also, very impressed with how this one came out!
Grishnahk, Eomer and now Theoden, TTT is well represented in my collection:yess:

Seriously!!!!
No words...
the detail in the armour is fkn sick as!!
I mean,whoever did this??
How??
It's just amazing Asmus Team,seriously.
O can see Bernard Hill in that sculpt!
Hot Toys who??

Hope some of the UK retailers will be stocking this, been checking my usual sites everyday - nothing yet! :impatient:

Seriously!!!!
No words...
the detail in the armour is fkn sick as!!
I mean,whoever did this??
How??
It's just amazing Asmus Team,seriously.
O can see Bernard Hill in that sculpt!
Hot Toys who??

Yep. IMO HT needs to step up their game. U can tell who's putting their back into it lately. I'm spending more with ASMUS than HT lately.

Yep. IMO HT needs to step up their game. U can tell who's putting their back into it lately. I'm spending more with ASMUS than HT lately.

I can see that happening with me. I'm actually more interested in the figures that Asmus are putting out and previewing atm, than what Hot Toys are doing.

Unlike ThreeZero and Star Ace, Asmus actually have improved as a company. Nice work.

I can see that happening with me. I'm actually more interested in the figures that Asmus are putting out and previewing atm, than what Hot Toys are doing.

Yes. Didn't PLAN that, but Middle Earth is a lifetime love - classic. It's not that Marvel etc. are not - but it's just a different kind've thing. Also, so far I'm not as enthused about Marvel's upcoming cosmic plans - to me lots of space explosions etc. becomes wearing, after a while. Anyway folks may or may not be happy with Star Wars but IMO SW always seems to pull off spectacular visuals. Sort've feels like Marvel/Disney is planning on competing with itself, in a way.

Production-wise too, IMO it's obvious ASMUS is working hard - where to me HT lately is pretty uneven.

For me it's just been about which lines and properties I happen to collect and which companies hold those licenses. I got lucky that Asmus is the company doing the license I care most about right now. I'm a lifelong Tolkien nut and Jackson's LOTR slots in neatly behind Jaws and Raiders as my third favorite movie of all time. (Yes, I count it as one gigantic movie. And yes, I realize that's cheating. And no, I don't care.)

I'm slightly less thrilled that 3Z is handling Game of Thrones at the moment, but you win some, you lose some! HT just doesn't tackle licenses in my wheelhouse anymore (Terminator, Aliens, etc.). Though, on occasion I will pick up a random figure, like John Wick. Still teetering on the edge of grabbing a Neo.

Since our license are ready and go,
we will still try to manage to produce at least 6 new LOTR figure this year.

Theoden, Elrond, Gladeriel and Twlight Witchking should all be ready to go by the end of this year,
we are jaming Aragorn in Helm's deep in the timeline and Elf soldier, 2019 is still looking to be exciting in our LOTR line.

IMG_0047.JPG

It looks a little different from the earlier pics though, looks more like a charicature now, I may hold off on the Gandalf now until I see production pics. Clothes looks great though.

Last edited:

Theoden, Elrond, Gladeriel and Twlight Witchking should all be ready to go by the end of this year,
we are jaming Aragorn in Helm's deep in the timeline and Elf soldier, 2019 is still looking to be exciting in our LOTR line.

Wow Asmus!
Take my money now lol!
All these figures are coming out! I seriously can’t wait!

All of those will get my money!

Any word on a Faramir, Uruk Hai, Nazgul reissue and an Eowyn 2.0?

6 a year is a great number for me. Means I should be able to get them all and maybe get a 2nd one of one or two of them.

Back