Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m wondering if one were to take a light colored dirt and mix with a little water to make a mud if it could hide that gap a bit? Probably take some experimenting to get color right but once it dries it may improve the appearance. Just a thought.

I don’t think that’ll help much, to be honest. The entire detachable hair piece looks like a wad of flattened, chewed on Play-Do just draped over his head. The rest of it looks amazing, but that hair is a serious let-down for me when I know they are capable of better.

This figure is spectacular! (bar the bad toupée...)
Pre-ordered through Sideshow (I need those payment plans - too many figures, so little money :thud:)
I'm looking forward to this!

I don’t think that’ll help much, to be honest. The entire detachable hair piece looks like a wad of flattened, chewed on Play-Do just draped over his head. The rest of it looks amazing, but that hair is a serious let-down for me when I know they are capable of better.

Sculpted hair is one area Asmus can improve on for sure.

Sculpted hair is one area Asmus can improve on for sure.

Agreed. Not sure why they couldn't have simply had a separate hair piece for the un-helmeted version and helmeted version. (thinking of Hot Toys Indiana Jones figure as an example.) That divide in Theoden's hair is what will force me to keep the helmet on when displayed.

I don't think the hair line will be crazy noticeable in person -- at least I hope not -- but I do agree that given the huge strides they've made in facial sculpting in the last couple of years, it's a little puzzling that their hair sculpts haven't kept up the same pace of improvement. It's a minor nit for me, though, in what looks like an outstanding addition to the line. Can't wait to get this one!

Last edited:
Found this on Instagram. The armour looks outstanding.
5a2906df45bfa268a9fda4174e36da95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There's a lot to like about this figure but there are some disappointments too. For one, the armor is definitely more of a dull brown than the rich deep red seen in some of the preview shots. Like Eomer, pose-ability is quite limited by the way the pauldrons and skirting are constructed and it seems like it would be next to impossible to ever pose him on a horse. My biggest issue is with the way the hairpiece attaches (or doesn't). The little disk magnet had already detached itself from the hairpiece when I unboxed the figure and got lost when I had the figure outside for pics (first time I've lost a piece to a figure like that). In any case, it looks like the hairpiece will almost always rest high on his head and will need to detach with all but the slightest head movement.

On the plus side, the face sculpt is a great likeness imo and the details on the helmet, shield, sword, armor, and clothing are all sharp and, with the exception of the coloring on the chest piece, live up to the preview shots.

theo2.jpgtheo3.jpgtheo4.jpgtheo1.jpg

I wish they had charged a little more and just given two heads. One with hair and one without it to be used with the helmet.

100% agreed. I generally have preferred sculpted over rooted in other lines, but Asmus seems to do a much better job with rooted hair. Not sure if Theoden will ever warrant a 2.0 or SLIM version but I would like to see this look with rooted hair:

latest

thank you for sharing!
posability shouldn't be much of an issue as we've taken from Eomer's experience and makes the skirting much softer this time around.

Comparison video here:
[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RLZ82AIsxV59VIwlvUeA-0tC30QY3N7Z/view?usp=sharing[/video]

5X_LO08ZM}NC0ZZOUHGDWLJ.jpg
IMG_8498.jpg

Back