Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clothing for GTW will be newly made,
only the hands and Glamdring will be re-used.

There will be no movable eyes this time, we tried both movable eyes and non-movable eyes,
and non-movable eyes definitely has better likness.

I say we are looking at something like June or July.
Hopefully we can get something to show at SDCC.
That’s perfect
Thank you 😄

There will be no movable eyes this time, we tried both movable eyes and non-movable eyes,

:yess: The prototype for GTG was perfect, if you can nail that likeness for GTW final product then you’ll have struck gold.

sorry guys,
I got a no for a sneak peak,
words of our poor quality control is spreading,
so my boss has decided to skip the pre-orders for all the products in 2022.

So next time we show you something new,
it will be an end product

I hope that doesn't mean that you won't be sharing prototype photos with us. As has been the case with many figures from different manufacturers, we may be able to spot something that is incorrect (color or design) before it goes further into development.

It's true that when we see prototype photos, we collectors can often be a little demanding and opinionated and sometimes ... let's say ... passionately forceful ... with our suggestions, but I really hope you guys see us as a resource to help make the products better. Of course you're never obligated to change anything based on our feedback, but sometimes we might see something you folks may not. As the old saying goes: "Many hands make light work." Same goes for eyes.

So I do hope you might consider sharing some work-in-progress images and news with us from time to time. I love that connection to you guys as collectibles creators and it's one of the main reasons I participate on these boards in the first place.

Definitely agree with the above comments. There's a lot of us on here who are very passionate and knowledgeable about the costume and weapons in these movies and are freely willing to offer advice so you can really nail the correct look for each character.

I understand that you want to avoid another Ash situation and no one can blame you for that but after following that thread, I can safely say that us lot over here on the LOTR threads are definitely a bit more easy going and forgiving! 😅

Will GTW have Narya (his ring) included ?

He wears it during the Grey Havens sequence at the end of Return of the King. The movie kind of makes a point of showing it.
Gandalf_with_Narya (1).jpg

Maybe we could just get one hand with the ring?
My thoughts exactly!
Maybe a relaxed, not fully opened, slightly rubberized hand, just like the open palmed Helm's Deep Aragorn, which also has a ring.
That way it could be posed with the staff like in the above picture.

And the other hands, could be GTG ones.

Back