Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS247 - Disney Maleficent Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS247 - Disney Maleficent Collectible Figure (Specs + High Res)

Im extremely impressed with this... noticed there was 2 sculptor (possibly 3..) weird.

I've come to assume that when they say "head____" I don't believe they mean the actual headsculpt alone (though it is included)but they mean like lead or the guy in charge kind of deal. Like one of those people could be the lead sculptor for the raven, the staff, the flames, the actual head. Kind of like how Trevor Grove is a portrait artist so the physical head sculpt is his to do but there are other head or lead sculptors for accessories, hands, boots and whatever else needs sculpting

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS247 - Disney Maleficent Collectible Figure (Specs + High Res)

Taking a better look at the pics, I'm disappointed with the body they used... Angelina Jolie with small breasts and big hips just doesn't look right.

HT should have include a detachable, and flexible wings!

Looks amazing. Wasn't going to get it but these pics make it look like a great addition. May have to wrestle it from my wife!

I've come to assume that when they say "head____" I don't believe they mean the actual headsculpt alone (though it is included)but they mean like lead or the guy in charge kind of deal. Like one of those people could be the lead sculptor for the raven, the staff, the flames, the actual head. Kind of like how Trevor Grove is a portrait artist so the physical head sculpt is his to do but there are other head or lead sculptors for accessories, hands, boots and whatever else needs sculpting

Head Sculpted by Sun Hye, Yoo & Seung Min, Kang

pretty straight farward...

Pretty easy pass for me.
How much are we guessing?
5 hands and a staff and some green magic stuff plus a stand?
Over or under $200?

No doubt this is going to be over.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I like everything about this except that the dress collar is too thick. Wish they had used sculpted parts instead of actually using leather material that takes away the sharp tips.

Headsculpt came out great. I can see Angelina there.

Looks awesome. Gotta get this one

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hoping she is less than 200$ range.

Wow what an interesting looking figure. That sculpt is bang on! Hopefully it holds up in production. The eyes are a very important part of this likeness (all likenesses really) and HT tends to give us something very different than what's shown in the protos in that category. IDK why the can't create a decal that's identical to the painted irises of the protos but it's something that ends up really changing the likeness.

The trailers look great and I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie but it's really going to have to spin my head to make me a big enough fan to want to own this. Doubt I'll buy but definitely look forward to seeing more pics of this

Sorry, buddy. She's not. $230 here. Same price as Spidey 2. That could mean she's $220-$230 from SSC.

220-230$ is not that bad. The detail and likeness came out great.

whenever i see the figure..lana del rey's once upon a dream song seems to be lurking behing the figure..

I finally saw the movie, and really liked it for what it was. You can't compare it to the animated classic or even think about it while watching this movie because it will ruin the experience.

Maleficent is my favorite villain and Angelina is the only actress I can think of that could play a live action version, so the fact that she did and they're making a figure of it is good enough reason for me to get it.

:lol that same thing was said when DX 89 Batman came out

But the DX09 came with a lot more accessories. I got him for the same price and same with IM MK 7. DX09 came with 3 faceplates, a light up stand, PLENTY of accessories and had PERS. IM had an extra head, has light up features and many accessories as well, weapons extra BD arms and panels. Maleficent has one head, no PERS, a few hands, a staff, a bird, and those energy things (would be cool if they lit up). Yet she costs about the same as the other 2 I mention.

But the DX09 came with a lot more accessories. I got him for the same price and same with IM MK 7. DX09 came with 3 faceplates, a light up stand, PLENTY of accessories and had PERS. IM had an extra head, has light up features and many accessories as well, weapons extra BD arms and panels. Maleficent has one head, no PERS, a few hands, a staff, a bird, and those energy things (would be cool if they lit up). Yet she costs about the same as the other 2 I mention.

Agreed, it's way overpriced comparatively. The portrait is strong as is the tailoring, which many people seem to take for granted, but it's very light on accessories and not really a complex figure like a Mk VII and it's 250-300 individual molds, etc.

She looks amazing!! If it is in the 230 range it's not that bad. Once she sells out it will be way more. With tons of Disney collectors even people who don't know HTs but are Disney collectors will be interested I'm sure. And Disney sells plenty of collectibles that retail more than 230.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back