Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I placed an order order at good ol AE since my Cots one is a no go anymore. Guess I'll just wait and see if it gets canned there as well

:slap at their product description.

Also, FWIW, they will send out the same message that every other retailer has.

:slap at their product description.

Also, FWIW, they will send out the same message that every other retailer has.

except for Monkey Depot who seems to still managing to get their stock from what's been said here so you never know :dunno

If my AE order get's cancelled I'll find another way. no big deal :wink1:

except for Monkey Depot who seems to still managing to get their stock from what's been said here so you never know :dunno

Monkey Depot, from what I can tell, is purposely being coy. The figure has not been cancelled, so they're still saying everything is on track. It's not like they're going to be the only ones in the US with it, if it does turn up. If ART Figures cancels it, it's cancelled for everyone, regardless of what the Chinese sellers tell you.

Monkey Depot, from what I can tell, is purposely being coy. The figure has not been cancelled, so they're still saying everything is on track. It's not like they're going to be the only ones in the US with it, if it does turn up. If ART Figures cancels it, it's cancelled for everyone, regardless of what the Chinese sellers tell you.

:exactly: and this is why I won't pre order through eBay...way too risky at this point.

Hmm that's interesting. I can see the UK being affected the most but since the US also suspended the orders I'm curious as to why China can still offer it.

You didn't know that China is the knock-off capital of the world?

Also, I would recommend this thread be locked. At this point the only thing that will happen in this thread is more rumors and speculation, and any time someone says "Oh, ________ is still taking pre-orders" then the lawyers will track down that store and C&D them. I'd say to preserve any chance of this thing being salvaged, this thread needs to be put out of its misery.

Hmm that's interesting. I can see the UK being affected the most but since the US also suspended the orders I'm curious as to why China can still offer it.

You didn't know that China is the knock-off capital of the world?

Exactly.
There's next to zero copyright infringement action taken(Or at the least upheld by the courts), in China.
There was a famous case of a Chinese manufacturing company a few years back that waited till new Honda motorcycles got released, bought a few, stripped them to the washers and fasteners, moulded all the parts and sold copies in China under a similar but different brand name. Of course, if they try and sell them outside China, Honda can have them in the courts. But inside China, they have their hands in their ears singing: "Tra-la-la! We're not listening!"

Last edited:
Exactly.
There's next to zero copyright infringement action taken(Or at the least upheld by the courts), in China.
There was a famous case of a Chinese manufacturing company a few years back that waited till new Honda motorcycles got released, bought a few, stripped them to the washers and fasteners, moulded all the parts and sold copies in China under a similar but different brand name. Of course, if they try and sell them outside China, Honda can have them in the courts. But inside China, they have their hands in their ears singing: "Tra-la-la! We're not listening!"

Well, my two dealers are from HK, and one of them is refunding me while the other replied that he hasn't heard anything about cancellation just yet!

Exactly.

I wonder if those vehicles are even roadworthy. :lol

Well, my two dealers are from HK, and one of them is refunding me while the other replied that he hasn't heard anything about cancellation just yet!

The second one may be the same one I ordered from.

They messaged:

we got your order
so far the project is going on
we will keep you posted

Fingers crossed.
The main line of distinction as i mentioned above is if a copyright violation product is getting out of China, it can be seized at the border of any country where the copyright holder has legal claims.
So, it will not be hard to isolate all shipments from Art Figures, what ships they are on, and getting the consignments seized when they reach their destination.
Of course that should not affect anyone here buying directly from China, but even the shutdown of UK/EU/US orders yesterday has to have seriously curtailed Art Figures sales...

I wonder if those vehicles are even roadworthy. :lol

Sure they are. Just because they are copies, doesn't mean they are unsafe.
A company called Lifan regularly copy almost entire cars for sale in China.

Lifan_320_02-600x400.jpg

lifan-prodemonstrirovala-svoj-flagman-720_1.jpg

Has anyone ordered from Wai Man's OSB? Paid a deposit but not sure if it's canned????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back