1/6 Art Figure AF026 - The Mercenary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and ordered him from OSK. I figure worst case scenario, I can replace the body if it is broken or damaged. I'll share thoughts when he arrives.

Yeah I went ahead and ordered too because he looks really good all kitted up after I saw that review on Youtube. The addition of the helmet was the kicker for me. Nice unexpected bonus!

Yeah I went ahead and ordered too because he looks really good all kitted up after I saw that review on Youtube. The addition of the helmet was the kicker for me. Nice unexpected bonus!

Is this the review you watched? Only one I could find. Pretty unenthusiastic review. Not sure what this guy was expecting - it seems to be a good representation of the character to me.

My figure arrived at O'Hare in Chicago Thursday night. Hopefully it clears customs in the next few days so I get it sometime next week.

Is this the review you watched? Only one I could find. Pretty unenthusiastic review. Not sure what this guy was expecting - it seems to be a good representation of the character to me.

My figure arrived at O'Hare in Chicago Thursday night. Hopefully it clears customs in the next few days so I get it sometime next week.

Lol yeah that’s the review.
I can’t remember the last time I saw a review that was so monotone and as you said… unenthusiastic. I didn’t agree with a single thing he said… the figure looks great. What a strange, boring review… but it sold me on the figure!

Some of out of the box shots. (Only the vest and helmet put on so far). No broken joints.
2021-08-17 13.33.41.jpg
2021-08-17 13.33.21.jpg
2021-08-17 13.32.36.jpg

He looks great. I think that John Wick might end up lending him a kel tec or something. I prefer Crossbones with big guns over big gauntlets.

Can’t wait for mine to come in, looking just as good as advertised IMO!

Between this and the Klaue figure, I think they do pretty good, like how they’ve been given villains some love

Here are a couple of quick phone pics. It was quite tedious dealing with some of the tiny buckles, clips and straps so patience is a must with this guy, but in the end I think he is definitely worth it. The green straps that wrap around the tops of his gauntlets had cheap adhesive that didn't stick worth a damn, so I left them off for now. I may try to add buckles to them and try again later. He's taller than I expected - taller than Cap when you factor in the stand heights (he didn't actually come with one, so you'll need to supply your own).

Rumlow_1.jpeg

Rumlow_3.jpeg

Here are a couple of quick phone pics. It was quite tedious dealing with some of the tiny buckles, clips and straps so patience is a must with this guy, but in the end I think he is definitely worth it. The green straps that wrap around the tops of his gauntlets had cheap adhesive that didn't stick worth a damn, so I left them off for now. I may try to add buckles to them and try again later. He's taller than I expected - taller than Cap when you factor in the stand heights (he didn't actually come with one, so you'll need to supply your own).

View attachment 535623
View attachment 535625
Have you tried to put the damaged CB helmet that came with CW Cap on him yet? Pics please if so.

Have you tried to put the damaged CB helmet that came with CW Cap on him yet? Pics please if so.
No, the BD helmet isn't made to go over a head sculpt. It does appear to be the right size and to have been constructed with two pieces very similar to the helmet provided with this figure, but they're glued together with no elastic pieces to keep them together on his head. I suppose someone could purchase an additional head and then heat up the helmet to separate the pieces, then fit them over the sculpt and either reglue them permanently or attempt to replicate the removable helmet by gluing on some elastic strips. IMO it's not worth the effort to even investigate lol...

Yea, I just bought this from Giantoy yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive shortly and not suffer from a
broken arm peg. It will be my first Art Figures figure, but it look great, was under $200 and free shipping,
so I figured what the heck.

Back