Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Leon version should I try to purchase based on likeness, body, clothing and detailed accessories?

- DAMTOYS DMS030 RESIDENT EVIL 2 LEON S.KENNEDY 1/6 ACTION FIGURE

- DAMTOYS DMS037 RESIDENT EVIL 2 LEON S.KENNEDY CLASSIC 1/6 ACTION FIGURE

- Hot Toys Resident Evil : Biohazard – Leon S. Kennedy (R.p.d. Uniform) VGM02

The Damtoys DMD030 is hard to find at a reasonable price. Can buy a Damtoys DMS037 at a decent price locally in my country. Or should I just wait and see wait Leon version Damtoys will release next and preorder?

Having owned the original hot toys years ago, it's not aged well. The headsculpt is a good rep of old Leon, and the guns might be better, but that's about it. I would say go for the remake Leon, it's only got slight inaccuracies (boots some of the vest loops the height) but most are an easy fix.
KEep in mind you might have to do a little work on Leon's duty belt. Lots of people had an issue with the velcro coming unglued because of how the first runs were assembled, and some had the neckpeg coming off easy. The former just needs you to remove the velcro, clean it, and gorilla glue it back, and the neck needs a plastic wrap around the socket. Takes 2 seconds and it'll stay for years after that.
Don't know if the classic costume has similar issues, the blue was Garrish and not as pretty as the regular one.

I searched alot for the DMS030 and they're asking ridiculous prices, nudging $1K Aussie dollars. Also thought about getting the DMS037 and try and find the DMS030 clothes and belt. That would cost moolah as well.

So... changed direction and purchased one of the CAPCOM collector edition statues that was bundled with the remake game of eBay. Most likely used. There's so many cheap bootleg versions, so had to figure out which was legit. Hope I got it right. Now wait for it to arrive. Thanks to members for their advice.

resident_evil_2_leon_s_kennedy_statue_figure_collectors_edition_1555047253_1608c794_progressive.jpg

I noticed Sideshow have both Leon figures waitlisted. While Claire and Ada are sold out. Maybe that means Damtoys is going to re release? Who knows. They re-released random batch of the Classic Set last year.

I noticed Sideshow have both Leon figures waitlisted. While Claire and Ada are sold out. Maybe that means Damtoys is going to re release? Who knows. They re-released random batch of the Classic Set last year.

Just checked and the original leon and claire are sold out, classic leon, classic claire and ada are waitlisted but I wouldn’t look into it too much

I asked Damtoys not long ago about rereleasing the original leon and they said it won’t be

Attachments

• IMG_5195.jpeg
    IMG_5195.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 0
Sideshow has things on waitlist that were released ages ago. I anyways figure that it's just not going to happen. They still have the comic spiderman on waitlist and that only had 2000 pieces.

Back