Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like UK & US retailers have pulled the plug but Chinese are still selling it.

Hmm that's interesting. I can see the UK being affected the most but since the US also suspended the orders I'm curious as to why China can still offer it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hmm that's interesting. I can see the UK being affected the most but since the US also suspended the orders I'm curious as to why China can still offer it.

Because Western Laws and Law Enforcement agencies are ignored by Eastern/Asian companies and don't have any real way to enforce copyright laws.

From monkey, Hello. We have sold out of our preorders for that figure. We should still be receiving it as scheduled. Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yup, my order is still in at Monkey even though it is off the site.

Monkey Depot Rocks. :)

I'd think KG is still selling this guy(hope at least as it's where mine is ordered). I'd hafta agree that US and UK seemed to have buckled and Asian sellers don't really care.

If this is considered a bootleg, it's the nicest feckin' bootleg I've ever seen. Consider it a mass produced custom. That face is perfect and the uniform is fantastic. I'll take a 150 great bootleg over 300 badly done high end piece any day. Nobody seems to want to do anything with this license anyway.

It must vary...I think the US retailers are still going to get it anyway through their vendor's....Alterego has their's front paged

Just buy the figure from an eBay seller in China, No way are Art Figures going to pull out of making this guy, he is probably well into production anyway. I doubt the license holder (2000AD) can do anything about them selling this fig in China.

Has anybody got any seller recommendations for this sort of thing (or, alternatively, are there any other direct-from-China routes outside of eBay that people would suggest)? Whilst I've bought plenty of stuff from China/Hong Kong/Korea etc on eBay, I've never done a 1/6 figure purchase on there before outside of the UK's own second hand/ex-display market and I wouldn't want to get stung - either on customs, or by a dodgy dealer. As some have suggested, it would be very easy for somebody to post a fake pre-order which could then end up being beyond the complaint period when the figure was due.

Obviously in the meantime I'll still wait to hear back from Toy HQ, but I don't know how much hope I should hold out.

I always thought it was because it didn't amazing numbers while it was in Theaters. It's definitely caught on since the DVD release but even with the studio not greenlighting a sequel, perhaps it wasn't on HT's "safe" licensing properties :dunno

I know it wasn't exactly a Marvel sized mega-hit, but you'd expect one of the big companies to have shown more awareness of their audience. The people who like Dredd really like it - and there are a lot of us! It may have been smaller scale, R rated and far less lucrative as a film, but given its audience of thousands of grown up, passionate fans with money to spend, you'd almost expect it would seem more sensible option than others. I know that I for one have had a movie Dredd figure sitting near the top of my 1/6 wish list for a while now. Given my limited space and relative pickiness with the hobby, it will always be a priority over, say, doubling up on other characters.

Are they using Real Leather or Faux Leather?

I want the female Rookie Cop.

Yup, my order is still in at Monkey even though it is off the site.

Monkey Depot Rocks. :)

Technically my order is still in for Timewalker as well. I think what most sites are doing is keeping the orders they have on hold to see what happens but not accept any new orders until they know what's going on.

Im staying optimistic, maybe Art Figures will work it out!

I hope so too. With the demand this figure is getting it would be worth it for them to make this happen and maybe even work something out money wise to gain the license.

Technically my order is still in for Timewalker as well. I think what most sites are doing is keeping the orders they have on hold to see what happens but not accept any new orders until they know what's going on.

tumblr_lo8y5sACTZ1qcjzcm.gif

If big studios like mgm, Warner, Paramount could not stop bootleggs of Bond, Blade Runner or Mission Impossible its not Dredd small production company that Will.
How ever i doubt retailers outside china Will risk getting their stock seized by customs, especially UKs.
You want this figure you better order from China.

Last edited:
I wonder what the difference is between 2000AD and say Marvel? Marvel didn't go after them for the two punisher figures they released, nor did anyone for the tears of the sun figure.

They deserve their cut by all means, Im just curious as to the difference in motivation with regards to the licensing and their policing of it.

Maybe a deal was close for a Dredd figure and they needed to step in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is popular and has been seen by the studios. Those version didn't do much. Also this hobby has exploded and so more studios are keeping an eye out.

I don't know anything for sure of course, but I think Marvel may have a bit less to worry about in terms of something like this being potentially detrimental to their brand, or otherwise playing a big role in framing how consumers view their product. Marvel has so much crap out there, and they're going to be making money with merchandising hand over fist anyway, that a bootleg 1/6 scale figure or set here or there doesn't really matter much. But with 2000AD, they don't have much merchandise, and might be a bit more restrictive and possessive of what is done with their characters and other intellectual property. Plus, even if it's a nice piece (which this seems to be), allowing this would set a precedent that others could try to milk Dredd stuff with impunity. Then of course, there is the fact that they aren't being given proper credit and payment for the use of their property, which I would assume is also playing some role.

well I placed an order order at good ol AE since my Cots one is a no go anymore. Guess I'll just wait and see if it gets canned there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back