Anyone pre-ordered HT Iron Man Mark 1?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerdurden

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi folks, i've noticed that most people are salivating over the Mark3 and upcoming Mark2, but no one seems to be showing any love for the Mark1.

I almost ordered the Mark3, but was glad I didn't when i saw in it person. I'm a little disappointed in the colour, esp the red. I expected it to be more vibrant. the production version red looks a bit too deep. And the legs are a little too skinny. Overall, i think it's still a good piece, but something i can live without (for now).

However, i just love the level of detail in the Mark1. Sure, it's crude and unsophisticated, but there's a kind of heavy-industrial charm to it that i like. and somehow, it feels more "real" than the Mark 2 & 3.

My question is, does no one else agree with me, enough to have placed your pre-order?

my apologies in advance if there is already an existing thread on this topic. I'm a noob. :peace

hey man,yeah i totally agree with u on that,i think its the most realistic of the 3 suits and i have it on preorder too,how much did u get it for?
any idea when its gonna be released?

skazi316, i live in malaysia, so paid in my local currency.
but the equivalent price in US dollars would be approx $170.

how much is it selling for where u are?

i think by virtue of the mark1's metal armour having that hammered, soldered and smelted (not in that order!) quality, HT can depict it much more accurately than the highly-polished metal alloys of the mark3.

:clap

Lots of people preordered the Mark I, to me the Mark I and the Mark III are the ones to get. I preordered both from Sideshow (why not, it's so easy to deal with orders). It was like $160, so you didn't do too bad. Some people are paying $200 for these figures.

I preordered both from Sideshow (why not, it's so easy to deal with orders). It was like $160, so you didn't do too bad. Some people are paying $200 for these figures.

darthviper, is that price including or excluding shipping costs to your place?

the thing is, malaysia is a lot closer to hong kong (hot toys HQ) than the US. so i'd expect the price (with shipping factored in) to be a little lower in my neck of the woods.

i did pay a lot less than regular US prices for the HT batpod tho. :D

anyway, glad to hear there IS a demand for the good ol mark1.

:banana

Yes, I did! :D The Mark I is probably one of my most anticipate figure right now (Next to Vader, of course). I actually have the Mark I pre-ordered at $160 shipped, where I have the Mark III ordered at $175 shipped.

Have a search through the threads you ll soon see the level of anticipation and love for the Mark 1.Almost from the time the Mark 3 was announced people were asking for it.I ve had mine on order through ABC Express for months now,and im just hoping that Hot Toys will pull the Ironmonger out from somewhere for Toyfair,i remember how they did that with the Powerloader.

I have the MK III and MK I ... dropped the MKII cause it's not a must have and the price for a silver version isn't great IMO.

Ordered mine back in November for 199,- Euro (about 254,- Dollar) here in Germany - way too much... delievery in August 2009.
But after visiting this forum many times, i became an addict ;-)

I've pre-ordered it.. I'll be having Mark I, II and III.
Anyway, I'll be having additional Mark II.. anyone wants to buy it? ;)

I have 2 Mark 03s and I will have 3 Mark 02s and 2 Mark 01s. So I'm good. :lol

Have a search through the threads you ll soon see the level of anticipation and love for the Mark 1.Almost from the time the Mark 3 was announced people were asking for it.I ve had mine on order through ABC Express for months now,and im just hoping that Hot Toys will pull the Ironmonger out from somewhere for Toyfair,i remember how they did that with the Powerloader.

oops my bad, didn't spot the threads abt the mark1. it's great to know there are so many of u guys. :family

hmmmm, if the ironmonger is made to scale then it's gonna be huge! in the movie it was approx double iron man's size, so we're looking at a 24-inch figure? that's bigger than most PFs! :horror

I have 2 Mark 03s and I will have 3 Mark 02s and 2 Mark 01s. So I'm good. :lol

whoa that's a lot. my wallet would never recover if i were to do that. sigh.

Yes, if Iron Monger was done he'd be just over 20" but no more than 22" if you go by the Stan Winston Studio specs. One of reason listed by HT for why Iron Monger isn't being done.

I have all three on po....I made a bad call going with SS. I get the joy of looking at everyone's pictures while I wait....:rolleyes:

Yup, definately one of my highly anticipated figure this year. It'd be even cooler if they could make the armor detachable from the figure.

Mine's on preorder with Joe (Mista305). I think its a better piece than the Sideshow MKI maquette and has a better RDJ likeness.

IMHO the SS MKI looks like he's had a stroke.

I think its a better piece than the Sideshow MKI maquette and has a better RDJ likeness.

Yeah, agree. I don't really like the pose of the maquette. it's not iconic enough. I think they should take note of kotobukiya, who always portray characters in really dynamic poses.

IMHO the SS MKI looks like he's had a stroke.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

im waiting on the mk3 from toys2 and have the mk1 on preorder from Joe, im not really planning on getting the mk2 though it looks fraggin sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back