Imaginarium Art - Iron Man MarkXLII 1:1 Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerdurden

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey guys, i didn't see any thread for this piece so thought i'd do one.

after a relatively short 6 months after the pre-order, i received my life-size mark42 helmet. now, this is not my favorite armour design or colour but the helmet itself looks fairly similar to most marks so i thought i'd get this anyway.

first up i gotta say this is a very well-made collectible! the sculpt looks accurate as far as i can tell, and the paint apps are near flawless. honestly, i am quite impressed by the quality of the paint and finishing. it is very evenly applied, with almost zero stains, scuff marks, or other kinds of flaws. the topcoat is a clear lacquer and that really brings out the glossiness, like a new car paintjob. i own a number of life-size collectibles from sideshow, and one from fred barton (1:1 robocop bust) and this one easily beats them all in terms of the quality of paintwork.

and it's not even very expensive, coming in around US$220.

here's a couple of pics, hastily shot last night on my iphone (so please excuse the quality).

Mark421a.jpg

Mark423a.jpg

Mark422a.jpg

Mark424a.jpg

Mark425a.jpg

Mark427a.jpg

Mark426a.jpg

Mark42-8a.jpg

Mark429a.jpg

Mark4210a.jpg

i didn't use the name plaque (which comes as a separate piece with a holographic sticker of authenticity behind), cos i don't care to be reminded that it's the mark42 version. but to be honest, aside from the earpiece shape, the white section on the jaw, and the grooves/lines on the faceplate, most people won't be able to tell which version it is. the gold colour is also not as pale (hated that) as in the movie and closer to the rich gold of say, mark6.

the eyes light up, though the illumination is not terribly bright. the good news is it runs on plug-in power instead of batteries, the bad news is the supplied adapter cable is way too short.

another thing to note is that the helmet has a good weight to it, and the base is pretty heavy. total weight is about 13kg. so those who equate a collectible's weight with quality will be pleased. too bad the base's "robotic" arm bracket is not articulated so you can't adjust the height.

all in all, i'm very happy with this piece. my retailer told me this is completely sold out and all the pieces that came in were on pre-order with zero left for retail sales. sounds like imaginarium art came up with a real winner.

hope you guys found this impromptu review useful.

Last edited:
Nice! Great to see a positive review.

These are priced very well and it's great to read that they aren't cheap junk.

Congrats!

Wow, looks really good. I really like the shine/reflection from the faceplate. Where did you get yours from? I wonder if they are planning on making one of the more classic look (Mark III to VI)

I feel bad that this was under my radar -- wouldn't actually know about this if it weren't for TylerDurden's post. Would have ordered had I known earlier -- a high-quality 1:1 replica that's limited to only 448 pieces @ $220 is such a great deal.

They only have the Heartbreaker helmet on PO now, this and Starboost have long sold out. I hope they would revisit any of the earlier versions, or at least make a Mark 43. I'd get one for sure.

Nice! Great to see a positive review.

These are priced very well and it's great to read that they aren't cheap junk.

Congrats!

thanks man. it definitely doesn't look or feel cheap. i really don't know how they're able to price it so low, but i ain't complaining. :lol

Wow, looks really good. I really like the shine/reflection from the faceplate. Where did you get yours from? I wonder if they are planning on making one of the more classic look (Mark III to VI)

yeah the smooth, high gloss is one of the main things i love about this piece. i got mine from my local retailer - their site is shioktoys.com. apparently, IA is planning to do mark6 or 7 if i'm not mistaken.

I feel bad that this was under my radar -- wouldn't actually know about this if it weren't for TylerDurden's post. Would have ordered had I known earlier -- a high-quality 1:1 replica that's limited to only 448 pieces @ $220 is such a great deal.

They only have the Heartbreaker helmet on PO now, this and Starboost have long sold out. I hope they would revisit any of the earlier versions, or at least make a Mark 43. I'd get one for sure.

this company is known mostly to collectors in my part of the world, since IA is singapore-based. the retailer also had IA's 1:2 scale iron patriot and spider-man (comic ver) on display and they also looked great. i think this company is out to prove themselves, so they go the extra mile with quality control.

this company is known mostly to collectors in my part of the world, since IA is singapore-based. the retailer also had IA's 1:2 scale iron patriot and spider-man (comic ver) on display and they also looked great. i think this company is out to prove themselves, so they go the extra mile with quality control.

Oh, didn't notice that you're from Malaysia. Thanks to your post I looked them up and saw their website as well as their Fb page. Their behind-the-scenes photos are fun to look at, I can see how hard they work for their products. It also seems that they are not easily available for the US/European regions though. I'll see if we have dealers of Imaginarium Art here in the Philippines.

glad you found this thread informative heubertmichael. i think there might be IA dealers in the philippines, if not you can try the hong kong dealers since shipping from there would be closer to you. kghobby is a pretty good online dealer from hk. i got my 1:1 thor hammer from them, very fast shipping and they're easy to deal with.

Thanks again, tylerdurden. I went to a local dealer earlier and they happened to be an authorized dealer of IA and XM! They're taking PO's of the 1:2 comicbook Spidey for a really good price. Now I just have to wait for the next helmet offer from IA. Still bummed that I missed out on the 42 as it's the most classic-looking compared to Starboost and Heartbreaker. Hopefully they make classic ones :)

no probs, man. may i know who is the local IA dealer? i'm somewhat familiar with manila and have dropped by a couple of retailers. there are two at the festival mall in alabang.

btw, i just realised that the mark 42 helmet is very close to the design of tony stark's new mark in "avengers age of ultron". now i can tell my friends it's from that movie instead, hahaha.

Congrats! looks amazing!

Do you have the Iron Man Mark III life-size bust by Sideshow? it would be nice if you can take a pic or comparing both sizes. Thanks!

thanks kenmk1. no, i do not have the mark3 bust, as i was never impressed by the lackluster paint apps. i can tell you that the mark42 helmet is supposed to be accurate to robert downey jr's measurements, and it is pretty small. my head would never fit in the IA helmet if it were wearable (it's not).

no probs, man. may i know who is the local IA dealer? i'm somewhat familiar with manila and have dropped by a couple of retailers. there are two at the festival mall in alabang.

btw, i just realised that the mark 42 helmet is very close to the design of tony stark's new mark in "avengers age of ultron". now i can tell my friends it's from that movie instead, hahaha.

Actually, mark 42 & mark 43 armor are the same design, just different paint. Anyway, i like mark 42 helmet design the most compare to others.

yes, you're right about that. just saw some new footage from age of ultron and stark's helmet looks the same.

These are in stock at the following website. Imaginarium Art Iron Man Mark 42 1:1 Scale Helmet

I got mine delivered today and I think it looks really great!

IMG_0035.JPG

light from the window, the red is darker in person

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 453