Anyone pre-ordered HT Iron Man Mark 1?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That song "Driving with the Top Down" is great but NOT the song during the Mark 02 testing sequence....its actually entitled Mark II:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9NxrQipUkwg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9NxrQipUkwg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

At about 9 seconds in its when Tony starts his conversation with Jarvis.

What will be disappointing is that the Mark 02 will not be completely accurate. The Mark 02 did not have the slider mask. If you watch that scene the whole faceplate from the upper jaw to the middle of the head is removable because he picks it up and snaps it into place. Whereas in the Mark 03 sequence you actually see it slide over.

I love the iron man score. between this and hans zimmer's the dark knight, they're my favourite of the year. however, i consider zimmer's work brilliant more from a sound design aspect. the unnerving string instruments really sum up the essence of the joker. pity those idiots at the academy disqualified its oscar nomination. :banghead

does anyone else here think they'll come up with a more "sexy" iron man armour (mark4?) in the sequel? in which case hot toys will do a 1/6 of it, and in which case i'll be getting it... heh heh heh

all the more reason for me to stick my guns and only get mark1 this time round. :angelsmil

Pre-ordered through sideshow! All three, the trips, trifecta!

Got the Mk III with for $114, after using rewards points for a discount! :D Yay me!

Well. Here is the thing, every Superhero movie has had design changes from one movie to another. Keaton's Batman had it, Tobey's Spider-Man had them especially from 1 to 2, even the X-Men. Sometimes they are subtile like the the three I noted or sometimes its blantant like the Batman Forever/Batman and Robin suits, or Batman Begins and TDK suits.

I wouldn't be shocked if there was a Mark 03 change for Iron Man 2 and its more in Tony's style anyway. I don't think you'll see anything drastic but they'll be a change I guarantee it.

darthviper, is that price including or excluding shipping costs to your place?

the thing is, malaysia is a lot closer to hong kong (hot toys HQ) than the US. so i'd expect the price (with shipping factored in) to be a little lower in my neck of the woods.

i did pay a lot less than regular US prices for the HT batpod tho. :D

anyway, glad to hear there IS a demand for the good ol mark1.

:banana

Actually, just checked and it's $170 without shipping, which Sideshow has at $7, but they will change the shipping cost once it's shipping out since they don't know yet what it weighs.

They'll differently change the face/helmet or even have more of a beefy suit (hulk smasher) styled suit to deal with the final showdown/threat! Either way they'll differently bring in a new suit, but I think it'll be TDK style and be worked into the plot! Which I might add, is a sub-plot I always like to see in movie! I'm just upset Jim Rhodes has been recast! I hate TDK... I hated her character in it, because I couldn't identify with her as Katie Holmes' character... Who I liked better!

I love the iron man score. between this and hans zimmer's the dark knight, they're my favourite of the year. however, i consider zimmer's work brilliant more from a sound design aspect. the unnerving string instruments really sum up the essence of the joker. pity those idiots at the academy disqualified its oscar nomination. :banghead

does anyone else here think they'll come up with a more "sexy" iron man armour (mark4?) in the sequel? in which case hot toys will do a 1/6 of it, and in which case i'll be getting it... heh heh heh

all the more reason for me to stick my guns and only get mark1 this time round. :angelsmil

I don't know, but we should get a stealth version and a War Machine.

I preordered the Mk I and the Mk III :D I think the Mk II looks fine, and might have considered it more if it looked more like polished metal/brushed chrome. But the other two look fantastic.

They'll differently change the face/helmet or even have more of a beefy suit (hulk smasher) styled suit to deal with the final showdown/threat! Either way they'll differently bring in a new suit, but I think it'll be TDK style and be worked into the plot! Which I might add, is a sub-plot I always like to see in movie! I'm just upset Jim Rhodes has been recast! I hate TDK... I hated her character in it, because I couldn't identify with her as Katie Holmes' character... Who I liked better!

I don't think we'll be seeing the hulkbuster armour just yet. it'll probably be featured in the avengers movie tho. can't wait for that!

and yeah, i kinda liked terrence howard as rhodey, tho the director apparently had problems with him. u hate tdk?? :confused:

agree with u on katie holmes tho. everyone says maggie gyllenhal was better but i honestly don't think she brought ANYTHING to the role. and this was one of those roles that genuinely DID require the character to be hot. and maggie just didn't cut it. so when she got killed, i didn't feel very much for her. i know, i know, i'm in the minority here...

I preordered the Mk I and the Mk III :D I think the Mk II looks fine, and might have considered it more if it looked more like polished metal/brushed chrome. But the other two look fantastic.

agree on the mark2. the paintwork should be more chrome-y.

I'm not sure if I am gonna get the Mark 1 or not (or any of them for that matter).

But, that Mark 1 sure is tempting. It's bad ass.

I'm not sure if I am gonna get the Mark 1 or not (or any of them for that matter).

But, that Mark 1 sure is tempting. It's bad ass.

DO IT!!!! GET TO DA CHOPPAHHH! (and pre-order a 1/6th scale iron man mark 1 figure from hot toys).

:D:naughty

The Mark 1's detail is the best out of the three. but, I like the mark 3 as a comic fan. will pick up both.

i just checked with my retailer over the weekend. he said pre-order deliveries for the mark1 will only arrive no earlier than april. sigh, THREE whole months more to wait. at least! :banghead

i suppose that's one of the FEW times us folks in south-east asia get stuff faster than the US or europe.

to ease the pain of waiting, i went and pre-ordered the koto 1/7th scale black widow vinyl statue. :D

pre-ordered mark I and II but I'm thinking of selling or giving it away as presents!...I'm not a big fan of the character:monkey1...I blame the movie bandwagon!....that, and plus I can't cancel my orders since they'll charge me 10%!:banghead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back