Any interest in a Hot Toys Star Trek line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The source didn't happen to say anything about Watchmen, did they?

:banghead

Maybe another company will do Trek.....

I love Hot Toys, but they can't get every license for every movie that comes out. And I just didn't see Star Trek being one license they would do.

Well, I got an answer from a good source which said Hot Toys do not have plans for Star Trek, they didn't add a 'yet' however I wouldn't write it off, maybe its a license they will pursue later?

This doesn't surprise me, the expectations were lower for this one. Its not out of the realm of possibilities that they pick it up down the line if the film continues to do good to fill the gap between this and the sequel.

Hot Toys Star Trek?

I hope Hot Toys does Star Trek 2009, they could make a great McCoy and Kirk. Does Anyone know if anyone other than playmates will do Star Trek?

The source didn't happen to say anything about Watchmen, did they?

:banghead

Maybe another company will do Trek.....

It's funny you should ask that, because I did enquire. They emphatically said no Star Trek but chose a 'no comment' on The Watchmen, judging by the 'teaser' statement on their Facebook page I'm getting more confident this line will happen!:cool:

Re: Hot Toys Star Trek?

This is already being discussed in General Collectibles.
The specific mod'll move it soon.

Well, I got an answer from a good source which said Hot Toys do not have plans for Star Trek, they didn't add a 'yet' however I wouldn't write it off, maybe its a license they will pursue later?

That is depressing. :( We can only hope this film is wildly successful and Hot Toy's will consider it later.

It's funny you should ask that, because I did enquire. They emphatically said no Star Trek but chose a 'no comment' on The Watchmen, judging by the 'teaser' statement on their Facebook page I'm getting more confident this line will happen!:cool:

Sweet! Honestly that's the first thing I thought about when I read your post. I just want HT Watchmen figures so badly....

I'm sure at some point in the future a higher end company will pick up Trek now that it's proven to be successful.

WRATH OF KHAN
Kirk
Spock
McCoy
Khan

Picard as Locutus

You wishes may come true within 6 months. The reference head sculpts will be done by "Someone" very talented. People fight for the head sculpts that he made.

Last edited:
Didn't Sideshow do a couple of Star Trek PF's quite a while back of classic Kirk and Spock? They could already have ther foot in the door so to speak...

I'd like to see Sideshow produce Kirk (Pine) and Spock (Quinto) from the new film. Thing about Pine though...he looks like another one of those actors whose likeness is gona be hard to capture well in sixth scale. If a Kirk figure from the latest film were done, I'd prefer it to have the black outfit he wears...NOT the SF uniform....heck, in this movie he's only wearing it for appx 30 seconds at the very end!

I don't think I'd want to see any more than the two leads figure-wise...from any high-end company.

Sideshow already confirmed that they no longer have the Star Trek license.

I would only have an interest in the original series and this new movie. Those are the only characters that interest me.

Having seen the movie last week -- I would be interested in a Hot Toys Star Trek XI line. Kirk, Spock (Quinto) and Bones (how brilliant was Karl Urban?)would definitely be worthwhile. Maybe a Scotty, Sulu or Pike if the price was right. I don't see myself getting a Chekov, Uhura, Spock Prime or Nero. A Robeau or George Kirk would be interesting.

As for earlier Star Trek figures ... I would consider (if the price was right and the likeness worthwhile) a Riker (TNG Ssn 3-7), Worf (TNG Ssn 7), Data (TNG Ssn 3-7), Locutus, Q, Seven of Nine, Mirror Spock, or Voyager EMH.

SnakeDoc

You wishes may come true within 6 months. The reference head sculpts will be done by "Someone" very talented. People fight for the head sculpts that he made.

Are you referring to the sculpts in your pictures there? I'm sure curious to know more about them!

Back