Any interest in a Hot Toys Star Trek line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could get Spock and Kirk at least. Both could be MMSDX figures, Kirk could have the awesome Space Jump suits including his Starfleet uniform and Spock could have interchangable parts to make either Spock (Quinto) or Spock Prime (Nimoy). I'd be set.

I would definitely go for classic Trek done by Hot Toys. Either from TOS or the movies. Heck I would even buy well done figures from the new movie. I wouldn't buy figures from the Next Generation or any of the later series. On second thought, maybe a 7 of 9 from Voyager :)
Alan

After seeing the movie, I REALLY want Hot Toys to make figures. :D They could start off with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy and if those do well they can move onto the rest of the crew and Nero. I'd probably buy them all!

I'd only buy Classic Trek stuff from HT, maybe a couple TNG figures too. But definitely Kirk, Spock, and Bones, probably Scotty too just to change things up with the red uni.

After seeing the movie, I REALLY want Hot Toys to make figures. :D They could start off with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy and if those do well they can move onto the rest of the crew and Nero. I'd probably buy them all!

I agree! First Trek collectibles I would own too!

If we are talking HT and JUST the new flick, I without a doubt want Kirk, Spock and McCoy and I haven't seen the flick yet. Next up would be Scotty, Uhura, Nero and Spock Prime. Last ones I'd get are Sulu and Chekov just because I never really connected with them.

I hope someone does something with higher end Trek figures and would love them based on this new movie (and classic), so yes, I would totally buy Hot Toys Trek figures.

But I'm still waiting for my HT Watchmen figures. I would like those from HT first.

After seeing the new movie, yes. I would buy some HT figures. I wouldn't buy the whole crew, but I'd buy Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Nero.

If it's original series Trek your interested in check out the customs section of this site. There is a commission going on for some of the characters, plus Scifimetropolis is letting go of castings of the prototypes they did. I'm sure Hot Toys would make some nice figures, but we would only get Kirk, Spock and maybe McCoy before they dropped the line and moved on to something else. In that respect Hot Toys is even worse then Sideshow. I think the reason ST merchandise doesn't substain itself is most of what has been offered is craptacular at best, and seldom if ever does it extend past four or five characters. As a fan who watched TOS when it originally aired I have wanted good quality figures from this show for 40 years. I have yet to be satisfied with the quality of what has been offered or the depth of the lines that have come out.

Got to see the new flick last night... and would now definitely buy figures from the movie. Still would prefer TOS first, but these would be great as well.

If this movie reaches blockbuster status then we could probably expect to see figures from the sequel. Is it too late for Hot Toy's to do anything with this one?

After seeing the movie I would buy the two Spocks, his father, the motorcycle cop, Nero and maybe Kirk, if they can capture his ego.

Where the original TV series spun off the films, I expect this film to spin off a TV series. Looks like Trek is back.

After seeing the movie I would buy the two Spocks, his father, the motorcycle cop, Nero and maybe Kirk, if they can capture his ego.

Where the original TV series spun off the films, I expect this film to spin off a TV series. Looks like Trek is back.

That would be awesome if they turned this into a new tv series.

If this movie reaches blockbuster status then we could probably expect to see figures from the sequel. Is it too late for Hot Toy's to do anything with this one?

No. Its purely possible if its amazingly successful for Hot Toys or even Sideshow or anyone else to license out the product especially if/when a sequel is greenlit. If it is I would imagine new licensees would want to fill the two or three years in between this one and the sequel with product to keep their names on the radar.

I regret that SSC doesn't have the license anymore, I would love a space jump Kirk or even a Kirk in Starfleet uniform or Spock in Starfleet uniform as PFs....I'd even be tempted by a Nero. Not to mention that Sideshow would probably be the most affordable and widespread options in terms of 1/6.

It would but I'd be bummed if Pine, Quinto and Urban didn't play their respective roles in a TV Series.

Well Quinto is certainly no stranger to television, he'd probably be up for it since his character on Heroes will probably have a lot less screen time this season. Don't know about Urban or Pine though.

i want a hot toys captain kirk, possibly bones to.

hell, i'd get all the characters if they were released good and for a reasonable price instead of the crap that's in stores now :(

As much as I enjoyed the film, I am just not a Trek collector - never could get into Trek items. Master Replicas made beautiful props, but even those I just couldn't bring myself to buy.

Hot Toys could possibly tempt me with a McCoy figure, or even Scotty if he included his alien sidekick, but most likely I would not add Trek figures to my shelves. I would love to see Hot Toys tackle the license though for everyone who is interested.

Back