Any interest in a Hot Toys Star Trek line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Credits will do fine
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,the new movie is getting fantastic reviews,I saw it last night myself, and as a hardcore fan,I loved it...sheer excellence...it just all came together perfectly...I really want a Hot Toys Jim Kirk and Spock!

Sideshow's latest Q and A hints that high-end products are in the works from other companies...it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that Hot Toys would make figures from THE movie of the summer...what do you think? A Chris Pine,Yulli sculpted Kirk would own.

Haven't seen the new flick yet, so I can't say if I'd want figures. But I'd love for past Trek to get the HT treatment.

Dragon has some Next Generation figures coming... but jury is still out on whether or not they will be worth getting.

I have no interest in Star Trek. Infact I don't know why I even clicked on this thread. I'll leave now. thank you. :cool:

....but good idea....if HT did them, they would be perfik.

Old school Trek for sure. I'd love to have a 1:6 Shatner figure. New movie figures I'm not so sure about.

I'd love to have a large shat.....ner as well.:monkey3

sorry, I really am going now. :wave

Old school Trek for sure. I'd love to have a 1:6 Shatner figure. New movie figures I'm not so sure about.

Yep, him and Spock would be on the top of the list. I probably wouldn't go crazy buying each and every figure... but there are a number I would have to have.

Third on the list would be a 1/6 Gorn :rock

I'd sure love to see pre-Abrams Trek figures from HT, but my list of wants is so all over the place I doubt any HT line would put out what I really want so it's of little gain to me if they get it. As far as the new film, even if I love it, I'd still love some quality figures based on the older stuff first, there's just been a lack of it.

If HT did figures, I'd want:

WRATH OF KHAN
Kirk
Spock
McCoy
Khan

STAR TREK V
Scotty

TNG SEASON 3-4
Picard
Riker
Worf
Data
LaForge
Picard as Locutus

FIRST CONTACT
Picard
Worf

Yep, him and Spock would be on the top of the list. I probably wouldn't go crazy buying each and every figure... but there are a number I would have to have.

Gorn for sure! I remember that being one of my favorite episodes as a kid.

I'd like to say that I'd stop at Kirk and Spock but I'd probably end up buying McCoy and Scottie too.:eek:

I'd like to say that I'd stop at Kirk and Spock but I'd probably end up buying McCoy and Scottie.:eek:

I knew there was a reason I liked you! The Arena is still my favorite episode... classic :rock

And for HT quality I would want to stop at a few figures... but I too would probably get sucked in for a lot of them :lol

I would love to have a Kirk and Spock from the movie era, say Spock could have a alternate head/hands with effects due to radiation as seen in ST TWOK and Kirk could come with his away team jacket from the same movie as well, add all the different phasers they used in the movies, its probally 2-3 different versions and come with changeable ranking pins(though that sounds more DID style) and i think Hot Toys would be the only company to do a good Shatner likeness as he is a hard guy to nail in the likeness dept.

I will add, if HT did a classic TV series Shatner Kirk, with Shatner's likeness (licensing may not allow for some goofy reason), I'd probably buy that just to convert the head into a proper Michael Myers.

I'd like to say that I'd stop at Kirk and Spock but I'd probably end up buying McCoy and Scottie too.:eek:

Interest in HotToys wasting their efforts on the new Trek? NO.
I would love to see classic Trek but thats not likely either.
The Arena was one of, if not THE, greatest TOS episode.
And the Gorn was probably the best figure (actually the only decent) 12" Playmates offering years ago.

Past is the past. Give me HT figures of Kirk, Spock, Bones, Uhura, Scotty, Chekov, Sulu but all from the NEW FILM! Don't forget Nero and Spock Prime either!

Back