Iron Studios BDS 1/10 Scale - Ant-Man and the Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look pretty awesome! Love Wasp. I'm not too crazy on the Antman effect but could still be cool in person. I just don't like how it makes him a bit inconsistent with any other 1/10 IS pieces you might display him with. Would have been cool if they just gave you the full sized version of him and a tiny miniature version of him as a separate piece and you could choose which one to display.

These look pretty awesome! Love Wasp. I'm not too crazy on the Antman effect but could still be cool in person. I just don't like how it makes him a bit inconsistent with any other 1/10 IS pieces you might display him with. Would have been cool if they just gave you the full sized version of him and a tiny miniature version of him as a separate piece and you could choose which one to display.

True re the consistency...could also lead me to the slippery slope of all the Titan pieces$$$$$$$:lol

IS is just doing such a stellar job:clap

I just received Ant Man along with Wasp, and while they look more or less great, the Wasp isn’t posed directly upright like she was in the prototype photos. In that she’s tilted to her right and I’ve triple checked my foot peg orientation, but I’ve looked at a collectors YouTube video and it looks like theirs was the same.

I just received Ant Man along with Wasp, and while they look more or less great, the Wasp isn’t posed directly upright like she was in the prototype photos. In that she’s tilted to her right and I’ve triple checked my foot peg orientation, but I’ve looked at a collectors YouTube video and it looks like theirs was the same.

Pics please :)

I’ll try to take a couple after I get back from work.

In addition, I found this weird but for both my Wasp and Ant-Man, they didn’t come with those little black bases. Even though I can definitely see the cutouts (no lid was taped to cover the cutout either) that are in the styrofoam that would’ve been made for exactly that.

Hmmm...that is weird.

Not that I really care as I’ve got a growing stack of black bases in my drawer. Must have at least 11, and that’s of course not including all the older non-BDS pieces that I have where the black bases had to be used.

As requested. Pic quality is bad, but just wanted to show the tilt.

9350DB94-9F8F-4C09-BB77-E0BD8CDB4E98.jpg

6FCEC33A-0510-4C38-BBCD-2E9915670734.jpg

9D3854F7-A04F-4D66-BCE2-5C9549AFD4AB.jpg

Yeah she does seem to be tilted and bending over, am guessing it looks fine from other angles?

yea she is a bit more contorted then in the proto. her face looks pretty good!

Yep the likeness is amazing, at any scale, but especially because it’s 1/10 scale. It’s very well done.

But imo the Paul Rudd one is only passable, even at this scale unfortunately.

My coworker got these in and damn, I am impressed. Esp with Wasp! Antman looks good but I'm just not a fan of the scaling effect. I would have preferred if they gave you the fullsize version and then a separate smaller version to display independently. But Wasp, wow, she looks fantastic.

I love that tho. Just shows the athleticism and her form off really well. IS has terrific sculptors!

The problem is that it wasn’t intentional. Positioning is completely different than the prototype. But hopefully I’ll get used to it in time.

The problem is that it wasn’t intentional. Positioning is completely different than the prototype. But hopefully I’ll get used to it in time.

I can see that. But James XGZ photo is so good - makes me want them both even more. Luv that she is twisting her body like that. I don't like all "action" poses - like WETA is apparently coming out with a new Aragorn $$$$ and to me it looks like he is tripping over a root (I know that's not what is going on, but for me - no).

But love this Wasp.
Not that I really care as I’ve got a growing stack of black bases in my drawer. Must have at least 11, and that’s of course not including all the older non-BDS pieces that I have where the black bases had to be used.

Yeah. I don't use those tho I guess some people like them. I guess I could stack and use as some kind of riser w. some epoxy to stabilize, maybe, one day.

To me it looks like her body is being buffeted by an explosion. Like she's being contorted involuntarily and struggling to right herself.
It looks confused to me and I don't like it compared to the original, more purposeful and clearly direct body attitude.
I'm going to keep my order in for now and give it a chance, in person, to at least get more comfortable with it.

Back