Ancient Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I'm talking about the AVP Ancient Preds. I'm almost 100% sure one of them roared during their 30 sec. battle scene.

And I know the one who had an Alien on a Sper roared.

Yes, the Predator in P2 did say "Take it,"

AVP was not Empire Strikes Back, so i doubt there's gonna be a huge Ancient following, if any.
and Fett totally had lines, and definitely had impact on the plot.
he also looked cooler.
you're right and in Jedi he was a total badass flailing his arms around in the air before plummeting to his death.

These ancient predators are soooo worth the money. as a toy no its just plastic but as a collectable yes. the reason they go for so much is because there scarce and they are bad as fu+k with the alien head on the spear iconic history. i really do want one but nay i will not pay the price they go for nowadays should have got one earlier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only difference between Sideshow's Ancient and the Asia Ancient is the bio mask. That's it! Sideshow's bio had some detailing on top, while the Asian version was clean and simple. Both had a pebbly texture. Here are a couple of pics of the Asian Pred. :D

P1010113.jpg

I have the Sideshow version, he has the cooler mask in my opinion. The only problem I have with him is that it's impossible to keep the arm with the alien head in the air, it's too heavy!

I have the Sideshow version, he has the cooler mask in my opinion. The only problem I have with him is that it's impossible to keep the arm with the alien head in the air, it's too heavy!

I have both Ancients and I actually like them both about the same. Sideshow's EX version is probably the more rare of the two, at least where I am.

Btw, it takes a bit of patience to get the arm to stay up while holding the spear overhead, but it's not impossible... there's nothing else supporting that alien head popsicle in the pic I took except the Predator's arm!

these aren't Boba Fett figures, either.

the ancient was in the movie for less than a minute and had no dialogue, or impact on the plot.
and the rest of the movie sucked.
i also wouldn't buy any of the humans from AVP for $150 if they made those.

i could understand the p2, or elder figures hitting $400, but not this thing.

I have a few Boba Fett figures in my collection, but I'd take a Predator over the bounty hunter any day. For what it's worth, I got the HT Ancient Preds because I love Predators, period. It had next to nothing to do with the movie they appeared in briefly.

I believe $400 is really too much to pay for just about any 12" figure, but I seriously doubt that anyone who's willing to shell out that much cash for one of the Ancients does it because they loved the movie so much.

FWIW, I think the Sideshow ancient is meant to be the flashback Predator on top of the pyramid waving the severed Alien head in the air - [nitpick] though in the film he's holding the head in his left hand.

The Asia version seems to be the lead Predator from the group fighting their last stand on top of a pyramid elsewhere in the flashback... of course he doesn't have a severed Alien head in the movie [/nitpick]

Know, have you even looked at the stills when the trio is on top of the pyramid about to go ito an all out Aliens vs Predators war?

You can clearly see the two HT Ancient bios, and an anonymous predator.
Pic soon

I have a few Boba Fett figures in my collection, but I'd take a Predator over the bounty hunter any day. For what it's worth, I got the HT Ancient Preds because I love Predators, period. It had next to nothing to do with the movie they appeared in briefly.

I believe $400 is really too much to pay for just about any 12" figure, but I seriously doubt that anyone who's willing to shell out that much cash for one of the Ancients does it because they loved the movie so much.

I have both Ancients and I actually like them both about the same. Sideshow's EX version is probably the more rare of the two, at least where I am.

Btw, it takes a bit of patience to get the arm to stay up while holding the spear overhead, but it's not impossible... there's nothing else supporting that alien head popsicle in the pic I took except the Predator's arm!

No sir, the sideshow exclusive is definately not the rarer of the two... I saw an asia ancient end at $920 the other week while a sideshow ancient ended at what, $480 ish? Besides, the asia was borught into the states in much fewer numbers, I think limited to 100 or so...

well mine should be on its way and hopefully arriving next week. after this guy i'm finished with the predators until the end of the year.
~~i'm getting the wolf bust, but as for the HT preds i need to relax and take in my treasure for now.

Seems you missed the last line of my message. The Asia version was actually the only one that was offered in Asia, at least to my knowledge. I never even saw the Sideshow version for sale anywhere, not in Japan anyway. (I ordered my SSC EX directly from Sideshow).

I realize the opposite is true elsewhere in the world, and what you say is no doubt true, but there was an abundance of Asia Preds available over here for a while... even found one for 30% off at Kotobukiya... unheard of!

No sir, the sideshow exclusive is definately not the rarer of the two... I saw an asia ancient end at $920 the other week while a sideshow ancient ended at what, $480 ish? Besides, the asia was borught into the states in much fewer numbers, I think limited to 100 or so...

Originally Posted by Mudshark

Yep, the Sideshow Excl. was only available through Sideshow's web site, unlike the Asian one who was released to America.

Now I think it was released in Hong Kong, because a friend on another board, theRock1914, got both of them, SSC and Asian, before everyone else by about a month and a half. That means that he didn't get them via Sideshow. He also only gets them from the HT store.

Yep, the Sideshow Excl. was only available through Sideshow's web site, unlike the Asian one who was released to America.

Now I think it was released in Hong Kong, because a friend on another board, theRock1914, got both of them, SSC and Asian, before everyone else by about a month and a half. That means that he didn't get them via Sideshow. He also only gets them from the HT store.

Sounds about right. The HT store also released some BD P2s with the SSC bio mask, I read somewhere. Unfortunately, none of 'em made it over here, at least not to the usual Japanese dealers of HT stuff. Gotta have that HK connection! :rock

Back